24.)

School: the last place I wanna go right now. Three months without it and it fell straight out of my mind. I know for a fact that Chuck is gonna be messing with me and I won't have any focus in any of my classes, which is just great.

"Relax, just think of this day like any other," Jughead eased, holding my hand as we walked to school. "Okay, yeah, let me just pretend that I wasn't kidnapped for months and that the school, has no clue of it," I replied sarcastically. 

"Okay, that's not exactly a positive attitude," he replied jokingly. "Maybe I should just stay home for the rest of this year and come back for junior year," I said, putting my head on his shoulder. "I don't think that's a viable option."

"And hey, I am completely on your beck and call with your pregnancy, okay? If you need anything, I don't care what class it is, I'm there," Jughead said gently, lightly running his hand across my back.

He held the door open for me when we got to school and we began walking down the hallway together before someone came in our direction: Chuck. "Hey, Betty. Can I, um, can I talk to you in private?" he asked nervously. 

I just furrowed my eyes in confusion and said, "No. Anything you need to say to me, you can say here." Chuck let out a breath and replied, " I wanted...I needed to apologize for everything I've done to you guys. It wasn't fair and you haven't even done anything to deserve it," he said sincerely.

My expression completely changed and I couldn't even fathom the right words to say. "Are you...are you serious about this?" I asked disbelievingly. "I am," Chuck replied. I looked over at Jughead who shared my same expression before I just responded with a stuttered, "Um, thanks for...uh, thanks for the apology," before walking off into the Blue & Gold room with Jug.

"What was that all about?" he asked as I took sat on the desk. "Who knows," I sighed, closing my eyes for a second to collect my thoughts. "Do you think he was being genuine?" Jughead asked. "I don't even know," I responded.

After a minute or so, Jug suggested we go to class, which I thought we should since I have three months of work to make up for. "Oh, hey, don't let me forget, I have an appointment for a sonogram tomorrow morning, so I won't be here until about 10," I said, nudging his arm as we walked hand-in-hand down the hallway. 

"Mind if I tag along?" he asked. "Of course. You know you don't have to ask, right?" I replied playfully. "Yeah, yeah. I'm just new to this." "Duh," I laughed with a roll of my eyes before placing a quick kiss on his lips as we walked into class.

---

The day wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it'd be, which was a relief. I managed to survive all my classes and get all of my missed assignments. Turns out three months is a lot of work to make up for. "Betty, Jug," Archie called out, catching up to us as we walked home.

"Hey, Arch," I said as he walked beside me. "I was thinking that since we both have all those assignments to get done, we could just help each other catch up," he suggested. "Yeah, that would work," I replied, nodding my head slightly. "Did you wanna meet up later?" "Pop's?" I nodded and replied, "I've been craving french fries since I woke up."

Jughead looked over at me and asked, "Are your cravings starting?" "Cravings?" Archie asked, confused. I widened my eyes, remembering that Jug and I never told anyone else about the baby. "Um, we...I," I paused, trying to find the right words to say. "We'll explain it later."

"Okay, well, I'm gonna go check up on my dad in the hospital. I'll text you when I get back for Pop's. See you guys later," he said, waving before walking off. "We should probably tell them about the baby," I said, putting a hand on my stomach.

"Do you wanna do it tomorrow after the appointment? That way we have a way to bring it up?" Jug suggested. I just nodded as we kept walking, lacing our fingers together with one hand and covering my mouth with the other while I yawned. 

"Tired?" he chuckled. "It's just the fatigue from my first trimester," I replied before we reached the porch and walked inside. "Guess my mom's back to her crazy work schedule," I joked, reading the note she left on the counter that said she was working late.

I walked over to the couch and laid down slowly, making sure I was on my left side since I read that was the best side to lay on during pregnancy before bending my knees and closing my eyes. I felt a blanket being draped over me and mumbled, "Just a few minutes, I promise."

"Take all the time you want," Jughead chuckled before I heard him walking away.

---

"Betts." I woke up to my shoulder being nudged slightly and my name being called. "What?" I mumbled groggily, turning over slowly to get up. "You have to go meet Archie at Pop's, remember?" he asked gently as my eyes fully opened.

I just groaned as I stood up, putting my shoes on. "Um, Betty?" Jughead asked, trying to hide a smile. "What?" I asked, looking up. "Your ponytail kinda...fell apart," he said, motioning to his hair. 

I put my hand in my hair to feel my ponytail holder loose and falling out with stray hairs sticking out from my head. "Whatever, I'll just," I paused, taking out my hairband and fanning my hair out. "Wear it down." 

"Here, I'll walk with you," Jughead said, opening the front door for me. "Jug, you really don't have to do that," I replied with a smile as he closed the door behind us and gripped my hand protectively. "Trust me, I really do," he said as he started walking down the sidewalk.