chapter 19

The castle is not far from Elhanan's hut, when we are near large gates, tall and black.

 Guards stand in front of us, erect, their eyes very pompous, dressed in white uniforms and black hats, looking threatening. When we turn to them, they look straight at me and shake their heads to greet Elhanan, Elhanan replies back

And say hello to Princess Melanesandra! We waited for you.

Open the gate, Elhanan says in a forceful voice

, of course we will open the gate to you, you are the guests of honor

Elhanan and I look at each other and do not understand what is going on here? And I do not believe in the phrase "guests of honor". There is a trap here, I feel it. The guards open the gates.

As we walk past the castle there are stone houses and tiled roofs, and little fountains without water. But why there are no people here, the place looks depressing and sad.

Elhanan What happened here?

Why is everything abandoned? Why are not there people here? where are they?

Since your Uncle Simon was in power, the subjects who were loyal to your father and began a rebellion against Simon and as a result were punished with tax levies or killed, those who remained working in agricultural work and hiding in their homes.

My heart hurts how can a person be so cruel and heartless, with so much evil.

When we are in front of the castle doors, the castle is huge and large, from the outside it looks white, beautiful and pure, but inside it the evil dwells. And the fear inside me shudders and the big question of what Simon is planning? And how do I stop it? the rose How can he save my kingdom? I will do anything to help the kingdom even if it will cost my life.

Elchanan knocks and knocks a tape on the door, and does not pass a few minutes, and Simon's main guard opens the door. He congratulates the two of us for peace, Elhanan the Prophet answers with his head to his blessing, I do not accept his blessing and remain with a blank look, and he smiles at me with a sly half smile.

As we enter the castle, from inside it looks dark and gloomy, not beautiful and white on the outside, it is dark and gloomy, around us are oil lamps and candles, which hang around the castle, pictures of ancient kings. I hope that my father's picture also hangs on these walls, hoping that Simon has not destroyed them before me. Saul sets us up in a large room with all kinds of beautiful sculptures around the room, and a polished white marble floor.

When I raise my head, I see the gaze of a man I did not want to see in my life, Simon's gaze, an older man in his early fifties sitting in a throne, dressed in a king's uniform, a red cloak and a crown on his head with gold roses on it. His face does not look threatening, his face is round, his eyes are gray and his beard and smile are wide, he looks quite agreeable, but I will still reveal his real masked face.

I stand up frozen, can not speak, he gets up from his chair and straightens up at me and spreads his arms

"My beloved niece, I have not seen your face for some time?

"Liar, and deceit, you have been following me since my father exiled me from here."

"Yes, my dear, but I had my own reasons, come closer to me, I'm not threatening and harmless, you see I am a good uncle and welcome you, says with a half-sly grin."

"Do not go near her!" Elhanan yells firmly.

"I'm organizing a big party with all the royal people in the kingdom and the homecoming of our beloved princess Melanisandra who returned to our kingdom, especially for you dear."

The "return home" ball? Are you laughing right? You destroyed the kingdom, Natanach, your family, you put them in solitary confinement, they did not do you anything wrong, all because of the crown that sits on your head. "

Simon, the poor subjects and your family released them, not in the name of the monarchy but in the name of the family .. "I will do whatever you ask for, release my father Michael, and in return sent me to the dungeon"

"Melanie no, I will not let you do that." Elhanan takes my hand and pleads with worried eyes.

Ha, ha, you think I'm going to listen to you, and I'll send you into the dungeon, with a tremendous power inside you, certainly I will not fall into your trap.

And I'm not going to take part in your fake "Homecoming" ball, and you're the one who's laying a trap.

I do not know what you're talking about. It's just a small ball with a few resilient people, or rather the people who remain loyal only to me.

If this is your decision, I remain on my position, I do not move away until you release them

"It's a pity, I thought we were looking for peace, but if that's your decision, I have a few other ways to convince you."

PATCHRONUS AND YONORONIMO Simon turns his hands and begins with his black magic

I shake my hand and want to run my magic, but before I speak. Elhanan shouts

 "No! Melanie is not the time" and flings me across the room. I fall on my hands. Elhanan says the magic words and sends his energies to Simon. I slowly rise from the floor and try to recover from a blow. Elhanan's strength is weakened, and Simon arrives at him quickly and flings him to the wall and lands on the floor, trying to rise and gasp. Simon holds his throat, lifts him by the arm, and tries to strangle him.

"No, please, King Simon, stop, I beg you, I agree to take part in the ball, just please leave Elchanan."

His face is still furious, but he softens and slowly puts Elchanan in and says, "Send him to the dungeon, where his place is and keep him well." And you stay here and it's final. "Guards! Take her to her room and make sure she does not get out until the ball begins." I look at him threateningly, it's not over yet you'll see.