Chapter Four: Planning A 'Date'

She walked home quietly. She didnt live far from him. It was only about a ten minute walk but it gave her time to think. She wondered why he had brought her over to his house without permission. He could have gotten in trouble. They both could've gotten in trouble. She walked the whole way trying to find a possible reason for his actions but she couldn't find one. She arrived home and walked upstairs to her room.

She got out her cell and texted him, "Hey".

He replied immediately. "Hey. How are you?"

"I'm well. How are you?"

"I'm wonderful," he sent. He followed it immediately, "Hey do you want to go to the beach with me tomorrow after school? Its only a couple miles away. We can walk there no problem."

She stared at the screen for a moment before replying. "Sure, why not. I'll ask my mom."

"Great! :)"

She walked downstairs to look for her mom and found her in the kitchen cooking dinner.

"Hey mom. Do you think I could go to the beach with James tomorrow after school?"

"Sure, sweetie. Just make sure you come home in time to finish your homework before dinner."

"Okay mom. Thanks."

She started walking to her room and texted James back, "Its a yes from my mom :)"

She closed her bedroom door behind her and sat down on the bed.

"Awesome! So I'll stop by your house when I get home and we'll walk together from there. Sound good?"

She smiled. "Yeah that sounds great."

They talked for thirty minutes or so before her mother called up, "Zoey, time for dinner!"

"Okay! Be right there!" she called back. She quickly texted James saying she had to go eat dinner, set her phone on the bed, and went downstairs.

She helped her mother set the table and they sat down with Henry to eat the spaghetti her mother had made. Henry had yet to find out about her grade, and it was out of sheer luck that he hadn't, otherwise she wouldn't be able to see James outside of their study sessions. After dinner she did her chores and went to bed, eager for the next day to arrive.