Chapter 3

Recap Its been 5 months since the first letter was send by Chandra and ever since they have been exchanging their letters telling about each other.

And the story Starts

At night

The sky in Magadha was glowing as if thousands of candles were light and in between those candle there was this full moon shining at its full brightness.

Durdhara went to sleep that's why Chandra get off the bed and walk towards his room. Chandra just reached his room after he mated with his wife Queen Durdhara. Its been three years since Durdhara and Chandra got married but the times they got physical with each other can be counted through their fingers.

Why you asked well cause Chandra always considered Durdhara as close as a best friend he can't think about her in romantic way

Why you asked well cause Chandra always considered Durdhara as close as a best friend he can't think about her in romantic way. As they were raised together he always considered her as someone who need his protection and not like a wife.

Thinking about romantic feelings Chandra's mind went to Helena, Its been around a week she haven't send a reply to his letter, usually they send letters every third day and it takes around half a day to reach a letter through a bird.

Chandra

Did I wrote something inappropriate or offensive to make Helena mad ?

Is she over me and don't want to keep our friendship with each other ?

Worst is it because I told her about Durdhara ?

Uhhggg its driving me crazy

I came to know many things about her like including her she has nine sister and she's the seventh daughter of Selecus Nicator and his Persian wife.

She was often ignored by her father, even though she didn't wrote that in her letter but it was obvious. Since her father didn't care about her that's why she was able to sneak out of the palace.

Even I told her every thing about my Acharya my teacher because of whom I am a wise King. It was under his training and education I am where I am today . With much courage I told her about Durdhara in my third letter.

*Sigh

I guess tomorrow I will send her other letter to see what's wrong.

This full moon and lonely nights really make me wonder what Helena must be doing right now.

Helena

" My princess is it true, what I just heard ? Are you supposed to get married to some MAHOUT ? asked my maid Ranjha.

*sob " Father said he wants some elephants for our army to protect us sob He said that my elder sister's beauty can be used for other negotiation and my younger sisters are too young."

"Am I really that ugly that i only deserves a mahout ?" I asked Ranjha crying.

"No my princess not at all you are as beautiful as a rose inside and out filed with fragrance .My princess if you don't mind asking do you like this Chandra from your letters ?"