Chapter 20: Motion

August

Thursday

"Olivia calm the fuck down!"

"HOW CAN I CALM THE FUCK DOWN?!" Andrew hears the young woman yell at him through their call.

Olivia was doing business with Shojiki alone, while everyone did their normal routine, well it was normal until Joseph called in for help from Andrew and the rest of the crew.

"Listen Oli, Joseph's okay and so is most of the office,"

"Yeah! Most! Not all!" she yells, he could hear her rev up her motorcycle, one she bought to race against Andrew someday, just not today.

"Listen, come down to Verdant, Joseph's here, he's resting, with Bella and Marc treating him as much as they can," she hangs up on him.

While Olivia was doing business with Shojiki, tying up the loose ends, a message appeared while they spoke...

***

"Next week is not that far from today," Shojiki says as she props her teacup down on the table they had between them.

"I know, but we have everything ready, we have connections, money to cover weapons, cars, and any other necessities," Olivia explains.

"Plus we can't just wait until we feel like it, someone's life is at stake here," she adds on.

"Yes I know, but I worry something irrational will be done if you don't take precautions," Shojiki responds.

"Irrational is what our team is ya know?" Olivia jokes.

The elder woman smiles, "I understand but before we go through the paperwork for the money, can I ask you something?"

"Of course,"

"Why do you all have Alias, except the frog?" Shojiki asks.

Olivia's eyes widen, "What are you talking about?"

"Don't hide anything from me, you should know by now that Rose doesn't keep her mouth shut," Shojiki grins.

Olivia sighs, "Of course it was Rosy," she has a weary smile on her.

Before Olivia could reply and explain herself, a report came on the television in Shojiki's room, they turn to the tv and the volume is raised.

"Seems like the beginning of this week is a rough one as Mayor Fuller was kicked out of his office by force, by an unnamed man,"

A blurred photo of Joshua is shown.

"Fuller seemed to not have gone down without a fight as many inside City Hall say they watched Fuller fight and fight until two other unidentified men came in and helped him escape,"

More blurred photos were shown, one with Joseph fighting, another with a blurred Marcus and Andrew helping him and the rest escape.

"The man who has taken over City Hall has exited the building," the reporter said as the camera zooms in on someone else rather than Joshua.

He smirks, which makes Olivia's blood boil.

"I know you're watching Olivia, so listen up, we know what's coming to us soon, we know you wanna exchange prizes so let's make it quick, how does this Sunday sound? And don't worry we don't lie like you do, so get to work on it," he smiles as he leaves.