Why me?

Aspens POV

•••••••••••••••

Most of the walk was in silence, not that I'm complaining I needed time to think. before Penny showed up we were talking about... well... me. the thing is I'M the enemies son but nobody knows, that's how it should be.

Anyways they were saying how they were him and all that stuff, i just played along. when I came her I was hoping to make friends because nobody new who i was.

Or what I have to do. My head says.

" Shut up." I mumble.

"What?" Penny ask. "nothing." i answer quickly. I study her when see was not looking, she is pretty enough to be the princess herself, her long honey blond curls and beautiful hazel eyes that every boy would drool over and that small smile always on her mouth made her just perfect. "Aspen" she whispered. I snapped out of my trances and realize we had stopped in front of a door. "Well goodbye asp- your highness." she said and walked to the door.

No,no she cant leave yet! I say to myslf

Without thinking I grab her hand startling her. " is something wrong?" she ask kindly. i blush a deep red. " Um-well... will I ever.....can I meet you somewhere tomorrow night?" i stutter. she thinks for a long time then say quickly. " say time tomorrow-don't be late, meet me in the garden." see says and walks swiftly back into the princess room.

Did I just?

Yes.

I practically skip back to my room. And lie down in my king size bed. to think.

I mentally replay the in tire thing which unfortunately brought me back to what I like to call " my princess problem"

To the kingdom I'm here for one reson:

To bring peace.

To my "wonderful" dad I'm here for a different reson:

To end the life of a girl.

I a lay down and drift slowly to sleep I kept repeating one think in my head:

" I, Aspen, am the enemies son, and I have to murder the princes."