Chapter 8: Frienemies

"Wow, it's been like, what, 3 hours and he isn't up yet... What kind of a super human is he... 3 hours!" Tony could not contain his frustration any longer as he walked toward Steve, still lying on the floor.

"Well, I guess we could make him wake up, though I'm not sure it would work..." Bruce walked toward Tony and sat on the floor.

"Zap him again?!" Tony stated ecstatically, his face brightened up.

"Wha-? No! Pouring cold water on him! We zapped him already..." Banner looked at Tony in disbelief.

"I guess that would work?" Tony strolled to the small kitchen and filled up the bucket with icy cold water.

"Wait a minute, I think I'll be better if i take a video of this. It's literally a once in a life time thing." Stark took his phone out of his pocket and handed it over to Banner.

"Right. We'll upload it on YouTube and probably this video would be a hit!" Banner grinned.

Tony smirked as he poured the bucket of cold water on Steve.

"OH MY BUCKY!!" Steve shrieked as he jumped up due to shock.

"Hahahahahaha!!" Tony laughed hysterically as he fell onto the floor, beside Steve.

Bruce smiled as he looked at the priceless face Steve made as he shrieked.

"Oh... ahaha... Okay... That... is going to be a hit." Tony laughed, taking a moment to catch his breath.

"Wha... Why did you do that?" Steve blushed, still on the floor, drenching wet.

"We... zapped you. But I mean, we're sorry and we'll never do that ever again. Promise." Bruce explained, turning off the video.

"What?! Are you kidding me?! you zapped me? With electricity!" Steve stood up, shivering a little from the cold water. His voice boomed with anger and shame.

"Hey, whoa. Captain, sorry, we're sorry. It was a prank... A prank gone wrong. But lets just keep it down and keep this precious bonding moment to ourselves." Tony tried to calm Steve down, placing his arm around his neck, of course, tipping his toe a little.

Steve swiped Tony's arm off and sated sternly "Is everything a joke to you? I could have gotten seriously hurt by that amount of electricity, Tony."

Bruce stood quietly in front the both of them as guilt surged within him. "Hey, er... Steve... I'm sorry, it was actually my idea to zap you."

"You?! Wow... I didn't know that a sensible scientist like you would do such an immature thing like this."

"Hey! Bruce is sensible and mature if you didn't know. Everyone needs some fun-time moment." Tony walked towards Steve and looked at him in the eye.

"He's also a huge green rage monster... So if I were you, I wouldn't be too harsh on him." Tony stood by Bruce, speaking up for him.

"I can't stand this anymore. The both of you are unbelievable." Steve stormed out of the lab, buried in his anger

"Unbelievably... awesome." Tony smiled proudly at Bruce.

"Yeah... But what if he tells Fury about this? He seemed... Really bothered." Bruce nervously questioned.

"Well, we'll panic when that happens. Loosen up, Banner." Tony said, assuring him.