Chapter 11: Morning Light

The sun rose up once again to meet the city for another day, giving people who felt defeated and depressed the day before a tiny tinge of comfort and hope.

The natural light that passed through the translucent curtains was warm and soothing. It was a great relaxing way to awake naturally by the sun rays. Steve opened his eyes slowly, he squinted a little, trying to adjust to the welcoming brightness of the room.

He stretched a little and looked at the digital clock that read " 8.47am". Steve sighed and looked around the bright modern room. It looked... Different. This room had a style Steve never saw before... But he didn't care because he felt comfortable. He felt... light for once, he didn't know why but he didn't care.

Was it the sunlight? Did the sunlight fix up his shattered heart? But what about the darkness? He felt as if he understood the darkness, just as the darkness understood him.

Steve closed his eyes and took a deep breath in a rather relaxed manner, his mind blank. He was peaceful, the room was silent in a comfortable manner, it was as if time stood still, waiting for Steve to start the day off with a nice warm cup of coffee.

"Ding Ding... Ding ding... Ding ding..." Steve looked around the room for the source of the soft and calming chimes. He got up from his comfy bed and walked towards the kitchen counter, following the chimes. It was his phone.

"Slide to answer... Sharon Carter." Steve mumbled to himself.

"Mr Rogers, good morning, how was your night?" The lady on the other line spoke cheerfully.

"Is this Sharon?" Steve asked into the rectangular device, feeling stupid.

"Yes, it is. I'm glad you found out how to use the smart phone... the device that you're holding onto now." Sharon explained

"Yes, they even had instructions. But can you hear me?" Steve spoke loudly into the phone.

"Yes, very clearly and loudly." Sharon replied with a giggle.

"Oh..." Steve blushed as he realized that he had made a fool out of himself.

"Would you... If you want, would you like to get some breakfast with me?" Steve asked politely.

"Ahhh, it's actually 11am and I've already eaten... Thank you though." Sharon declined.

"Is it... Sorry about that, I must have... lost track of time." Steve turned around to look at the clock that hung quietly on the white wall. Then he felt his face warm up with embarrassment.

"It's fine, how about dinner at 7.30pm?" Sharon asked enthusiastically.

Steve smiled brightly and scratched the back of neck.

"I have to go now, see you at 7?" Sharon asked hurriedly.

"Yes, that'll be really nice." Steve replied.

{ How is it? Is it good? Do you wanna marry this story? ANYWAYS here's a little introduction of yours truly💃
1.My name's Alicia.
2. My Marvel fan account is @/marvelnator
3. My personal ig account is @/ a.j.evans
4. I'm 13 years old
5. I'm 5'6 (166cm)
6. And i would like to be 170 cm cuz that wld make me fly high high to the sky with joy and all of those happy crap
7. Go follow my ig please bc it's kinda lonely there....
8. PLEASE COMMENT YOUR OPINION DOWN BELOW I WONT SHOUT AT YOU OR GOUGE YOUR EYES OUT.
9. SORRY BUT I CANT REPLY TO ANY COMMENTS CUZ MY EMAIL😬😬
10. I'm 61kg. Ok. Hm. NO SHAME.}