v.

\ amelia \

I woke up completely exhausted. The memories of Michael and our night together came flooding back. I cringed and plopped my head back onto my pillow. "Amelia, get up."

I could barely believe my ears. My dad was actually home and awake. I rolled out of bed and clambered down the stairs. He was sitting at the kitchen table, coffee one hand and today's paper in the other. "I'm driving you to school today," he said casually like it was nothing unusual.

"Amelia Eloise, do you plan on standing there all morning, or do you plan on getting ready."

PI mumbled my thoughts incoherently as I trudged up the stairs. I changed out of my pjs, into my dark jeans, gray camisole, and red and navy flannel. I threw my mop of brown hair into a messy bun. I put on minimal make up, because it's truly not worth it.
I came back downstairs and my dad was still at the table. There is a bowl of fruit in the center, and I grabbed a banana. As I peeled it my dad sighed. He was acting like this was our regular morning routine, but I don't think this has happened in over five months.

"Okay let's go," he said as he took his last sip of coffee.

I grabbed my books and headed to the car. Once he started up the engine and we were out the driveway he took a deep breath. "I'll be going on a business trip this week, so you'll be alone. I'm leaving you six hundred dollars for groceries. Please don't use all of it. I know you are capable of staying by yourself for awhile. Be good Amelia."
I nodded and continued to stare blankly out of the fogged window. We pulled up to school ten minutes later. I left without saying goodbye. It's something that I'm used to, and apparently he is too. As soon as I shut the car door, he was off.

My eyes were focused on the pavement in front of me as I walked into school. I noticed Michael standing at my locker with a wide grin on his face. Last night was a complete mistake, I shouldn't have allowed myself to get that close to Michael.

"Michael," I sighed, "I need to tell you something about last night."
His grin faltered a little. "It was a complete mistake. I wasn't thinking properly. If you like me, I'm sorry, but that's a huge mistake. You don't want to get involved with someone like me. It may be hard to hear, but I actually like Finn a lot. You're a great guy Michael, but I just don't have feelings for you."

Michael's grin vanished completely. He walked away without saying a single word. I pressed my back against the locker, closed my eyes, and let out a deep sigh. My eyes shot open when I felt a presence in front of my. "Oh hi Finn," I murmured.

"I'm exited for our date tonight. I'll pick you up at seven-thirty, is that alright. We are stopping at Michael's party, but I swear we won't be staying here any longer than forty minutes. Then we can do something amazing after, I promise it will be amazing." Finn's nervous eyes searched my face for any sign of approval.

"Sounds great."

He had a smile that made my storm clouds go away. "You look beautiful when you smile,"he told me, "you should to it more often."
"With you, there is a reason to smile," I whispered. He began to blush resulting in new blushing.

"Well hello there you blushing fools," Daisy said jokingly. It was meant to be funny, but it resulted in us getting even more red than we had been before.

"Hi Daisy," I muttered.

"Hello Amelia's friend, Daisy. It is a pleasure to meet your aquaintence." Finn joked.

"I'm just wondering how you two lovebirds met." I rolled my eyes at the pink haired girl in front of me.

"We aren't lovebirds," I muttered.