chapter three

"we're not going to climb that thing are we?" trixie asked as they looked up at the mountain grogar's bell is in...

or was it?

"were going to have to. if grogar's bell is still up there, that means we still have a chance." starlight said.

"wind pressure is too high. no one can make it up there." maud said as she moved dirt off her face.

starlight sighed. "only one way to find out."

"let's split up. we can meet at the top." discord said.

"okay. what if some of us don't make it to the top?" trixie asked.

"then i'll teleport all of us down." discord said.

everyone nodded and separated.

starlight decided to take the trail to the top. better than teleporting up there with all the alicorns' magic.

then she thought about sunburst.

"starlight. you became a princess because the world depends on you. you're one of the most powerful ponies i know. no pony. other than celestia and luna. can raise that sun or moon. that takes skill. and you got it. you're probably sleeping, but.. i love you."

sunburst thought i was sleeping when he said that. starlight thought. i need to come clean to him.

"big lights, ponies. rushing to grow up before you know. stop signs denied. everyone tells me i gotta go slow. and it's gonna hurt sometimes, no matter what you do. but nothing can change my mind." starlight sang.

"if i'm too young, to fall in love, why do you keep running through my brain? if i'm too young, to know anything, why do i know that i'm just not the same? don't tell me i won't, don't tell me i can't feel, what i'm feeling is real! 'cause i'm not too young."

"raindrops, deep thoughts. pictures of you and me wherever i go. laughing, running to a place where nobody says no. it's gonna hurt sometimes, no matter what you do, but i've got to fall to fly."

"if i'm too young to fall in love, why do you keep running through my brain? if i'm too young to know anything. why do i know that i'm just not the same? don't tell me i won't, don't tell me i can't feel what i'm feeling is real 'cause i'm not too young, 'cause i'm not too young, no."

"if i'm too young to fall in love, why do you keep running through my brain? and if i'm too young to know anything
why do i know that i'm just not the same? don't tell me i won't, don't tell me i can't feel what i'm feeling is real. 'cause i'm not too young. 'cause i'm not too young
i'm not too young."

in the meantime, sunburst was slowly climbing the side of the mountain and ran into a small house.

"who goes there?" a pony called out.

"um." sunburst walked forward. "my name is sunburst."

"OH!" the pony said. "prince sunburst?"

"i- i'm not a prince." sunburst said.

"hm... well. i'm rusty bucket." he smiled.

"is t- there anyway t- to get up this mountain?" sunburst asked.

"nope."

"h- has anyway ever t- tried climbing it?" sunburst asked, hoping to get some answers out of this kid-.

"uh. yes. i don't know if they made it to the top. but they got past my house. which is close to the top."

"do you know their name's? or what they looked like?"

"um. one was tall. red. had horns. there was a little pink one, blue hair. then another tall one. not as tall as the one with horns, but she had holes in her hooves and horn, and she changed into an ophiotaurus." rusty explained.

"that's them." starlight said, turning the corner with every pony behind her. "can you take us up?"

"no ma'am." rusty said.

starlight stood next to sunburst and unfolded her wings. "princesses orders."

"i- uh. yes, your highness." rusty said, bowing and backing up.

starlight smiled and watched as the pony walk back into the cabin.

"i really unestimated the powers of all that alicorn magic." discord said.

"shut up or ill throw you down." starlight said and discord put his hands up in defense.

rusty bucky came back with climbing supplies and helped them get into them.

starlight was about to pick something up with her magic but stopped before she did and looked at sunburst.

he smiled and helped her into the gear, and then gave her his beanie he was wearing.

"be careful." rusty said as they started going up the mountain.

"lesson learned. don't underestimate alicorn magic." discord said to rusty and then followed the rest of them.