chapter six

"they're at canterlot castle!" starlight yelled, running through canterlot.

"how do you know?" maud asked.

"twilight said it was the last place we would look. the castle."

"your castle." trixie corrected.

"the castle. it's not mine."

trixie nodded as the five entered the castle.

they ran through the halls down to the throne room and opened the doors.

as starlight and the other ran in, they came to a stop once they saw chrysalis, cozy glow, and tirek at the top of the starlight.

"welcome home, starlight." chrysalis said, smirking and zapped the bell that cozy glow was holding.

the wind in the throne room picked up and wrapped around the room.

"chrysalis stop! you're making a terrible mistake!" starlight yelled, trying to stay in the same place.

(chrysalis says, "like your parents did with you-" okay i'm sorry. no, she didn't sksks)

"says you!" chrysalis yelled. "you corrupted my hive! stole all my subjects from me!"

"and i'm sorry. i didn't know they would reform." starlight walked forward slowly. "but you can change too. you can be the leader your subjects want."

"my subjects want thorax as a leader. not me. because of you." chrysalis blasted the floor in front of starlight.

"this is not the answer, chrysalis!"

"you don't know me!" chrysalis yelled, tears rolling down her face. "you don't know what i've been through. my subjects helped me! and you tore them away from me!" she performed a spell that trapped the five of them in cages. "as i said." she walked up to starlight's cage. "there is no revenge you could ever conceive of that will come close to what i will exact upon you one day. starlight glimmer." chrysalis looked at them through the cage.

tirek looked over at cozy glow, who was holding on to the throne, so she wouldn't get blown away.

"chrysalis. you going at this all wrong." sunburst said.

chrysalis jumped on his cage and said, "shut up, susburst."

"my name is sunburst."

"do you want me to throw you out of the castle?"

sunburst gulped and sat down.

"you're right chrysalis. i don't know you!" starlight yelled over the wind. "but that doesn't mean i can't stop you."

"how can you stop us, professor starlight?" cozy glow asked, as she flew over to sit on tirek's shoulder.

starlight ignored her and said, "i've been in your position, chrysalis. trust me.. i know what it's like to want to seek revenge."

"surprise. surprise." tirek said, sarcastically and cozy glow giggled.

"i tried friendship!" chrysalis admitted, hitting her cage. "it failed me... why do you think i'm here." she turned around and looked out the window, her hair blowing in the wind.

"it's time you learned a lesson.. it's time that you understand. don't ever count on anybody else. in this or any other land."
she turned around and walked around the cages. "i once hoped for friendship. to find a place among my kind." she smiled, but it faded quickly and walked up to where cozy glow and tirek were. "but those were the childish wishes. for someone who was blind..."

"open up your eyes. see the world from where i stand. me among the mighty. you caged at my command." she looked at the five of them. "open up your eyes. give up your sweet, fantasy land." she walked down to starlight cage. "it's time to grow up... and get wise. come now little one. open up your eyes."

"we all start out the same.. with simple naïve trust." she looked at the ceiling picturing her and her friends playing when they were kids. "shielded from the many ways. that life's not fair or just." she pictured them the next way, and her friends walked away from her. "but then there comes a moment. a simple truth that you must face.. if you depend on others... you'll never find your place..."

chrysalis watched as sparkles and sylvester ran away from her. she sighed and looked down at her holey hooves. she let one tear slip out of her eye before running off.

"and when you take that first step upon a path that's all your own. you see it it all so clearly. the best way to survive is all alone."

"open up your eyes. see the world from where i stand. me among the mighty. you caged at my command. open up your eyes. and behold the faded light. it's time to grow up. and get wise. come now little one."

"open up your eyes. open up your eyes."

by know starlight was sitting down in her cage, mouth wide open.

chrysalis walked up to starlight's cage. she closed her mouth and said, "face it, princess. friendship failed both of us." she walked away from her cage and started walking up the stairs.

"what about tirek and cozy glow? aren't they your friends?" maud asked.

"no."