Chapter 3

I pull my pants back up and pull down my dress. I watch as Tom buttons his shirt back up and buckled his belt.
"You okay?" He asks.
"Yeah...what do you think about what our parents are saying?" I ask.
"I don't like my independence being taken away." Tom chuckles.
"Yes I know," I mock.
"I guess it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I mean we do the same job and we've slept together so," he shrugs.
"Yeah," I agree with a smile.
"Look I know we haven't really gotten on...personality wise," he smirks.
"But I think we would if we became partners because then we wouldn't be rivals," Tom smiles.
"We'll see Holland," I purse my lips.
"What have you got on today?" He asks.
"I was hoping your proposal would come through today," I smile.
"Ah yes I shall get on that," He smiles.
"Have a nice night Violet," Tom says as he leaves. I sit back down at my desk.
There's a knock at the door.
"Come in!" I sigh.
"Just got an email from your designer for tomorrow's gala. She would like a fitting today at 3 o'clock," Cameron smiles.
"Okay thank you," I smile. Cameron hesitates.
"What's wrong?"
"It's just...without lockdown mode on...you're office isn't sound proof." She holds back a smile.
"Sorry?" She pauses and I finally realise what she's talking about.
"Oh! Oh my god Cameron! I'm sorry you had to hear that!" I cover my face.
"No, no it's fine...I'm used to it by now." She laughs and leaves.
"Fuck!" I whisper to myself.

"Ah! Violet! How are you?" Anna welcomes me. Anna is my private stylist. She's in her 50's so she's been my mother figure and she's been dressing my family and the Holland's since I was a baby.
"Hey Anna!" I hug her tightly.
"How are you?" She asks.
"I'm amazing how are you?" I ask as I get into the changing room.
"I'm good! So...Vi this dress is going to blow everyone away." She goes into her office as I undress into my bra and pants. She brings through a sketch.
"It's going to be see through, there's a white bodysuit underneath and on top," she flips the page to the final sketch.
"It's going to be a sheer fabric with diamonds and crystals all over it. It's a plunge neckline, and a low back. Oh and it goes down to the floor." She takes her glasses off.

"What do you think?" "Oh my god Anna this is amazing! What accessories do I wear?" I ask as she brings through the second draft on a mannequin

"Oh my god Anna this is amazing! What accessories do I wear?" I ask as she brings through the second draft on a mannequin.
"A Saint Laurant silver clutch, and the most amazing shoe I've ever created!" She goes behind the curtain and brings out a pair of transparent, diamond encrusted 5 inch heels.
"Oh my god! It's like the glass slippers!" I look at them in awe.
"I'm the fairy godmother and you're Cinderella dear," she smiles widely at me.
"This is too much Anna!" I say as she places the dress over me carefully.
"Nothing is too much for you my dear.
You're like the daughter I never had. I love you so much and I wanted to give you something special. A night to remember." She looks at me and kisses my shoulder.
"I love you so much Anna," I hug her again.
"How do you feel?" She asks as we both look into the mirror at my hourglass figure in the tightly fit, transparent dress.
"I love it, I feel like Cinderella," I smile.
"Amazing! I'll get some more diamonds on there and I'll custom fit the straps then you're good to go my dear!" She rubs my back.
"Thank you so much Anna!" I say as I open the door to leave.
"Oh, hey," Toms voice softly says as he walks into the store.
"Hey Tom!" Anna hugs him.
"What are you wearing for the gala then Violet?" Tom smirks.
"A surprise darling," I smile and wink at him then leave.
"Could cut the sexual tension with a knife my dear," Anna smiles at Tom as she goes into the dressing and he scoffs with a grin over his face. He can't wait to see what she's wearing.