Chapter 1

There was a boy in her room. Again. But this time it wasn’t Levi; the smiling guy who she fell in love with, it was a tall, muscular person, who Cath could tell, was about her age or a year older.

“Hi Cath,” The boy said with a deep, smooth voice. “I was looking forward to meeting you.”

“Umm… Hi? This is room 119, right?”

“Yes it is but-”

“Are you staying in this room? I mean, I thought guys were meant to be in separate rooms. I’m with Reagan.”

“Yeah, well, number 1: I’m not staying in this room,” Cath breathed a sigh of relief. “Number two: You’re not staying in this room. Number three: Reagan isn’t staying in this room either.”

Cath eyed the boy suspiciously. She didn’t know why, but she didn’t like him. He was strange and mysterious and… weird.

“I’m James, by the way. You might be slightly confused, but basically, what happened was that your sister Wren has requested to share a room with you and Reagan. As the room you previously had could barely fit you and Reagan, we have moved you to room 179, which is usually an inspector’s room. It is big enough to fit you all. You have your own bathroom and everything. Now come on!”

Cath shuffled behind him. Her suitcase and her rucksack suddenly felt like they were full of heavy rocks. All Cath wanted was to go to sleep. The corridor began to get wider and wider, posher and posher, lighter and lighter. At the dead end, there was a silver chandelier. She turned round and saw room 179, looking like it was for the Queen.

“Are Reagan and Wren already in there?”

“Yes, they were waiting for you to leave Levi’s room.”

“How do you know I was there?”

“They told me.”

“Okay…”

“Bye then.”

James swaggered off into the corridor they had just walked through. ‘Show off…’ Cath thought. She turned her focus to the door and turned the handle. The door opened and Wren and Reagan were sitting on a king sized bed and talking quietly. They turned to Cath and Wren jumped up at Cath.

“Cath!” she shouted.

“Hi Wren! Hi Reagan!” Cath said. “This is cool! Wren, why did you ask to move in with us?”

“Cath…”

Reagan stood up with a grim expression on her face. Wren’s smile disappeared and she walked slowly up to Cath.

“Well… Cath. Come sit down.”

“Okay…”

Cath went and sat on the bed and Wren followed. Reagan went into the en suite bathroom.

“Look, Cath. Umm… The hospital called earlier today and Dad’s back. In the hospital, I mean.”

“What! No! I thought he was better! He’s fine! They said! Wren! No! I-“

“Cath! Calm down! Please!” Cath started crying. “Don’t cry! He’s just a bit sad. After what happened with grandma and everything.”

Cath and Wren’s grandmother had died a few weeks ago. Their Dad had said he had been fine, but Cath clearly knew he was not.

“I’m going to Levi’s room.” Cath muttered, and walked out of the room.

Thanks for reading! The next chapter comes out tomorrow... Please leave loads of comments telling me how I can improve! Sorry if there are any grammar issues! Please tell your friends about my writing if you like it! Best comment gets dedication!

I do not own these characters, and they have been made up by the author Rainbow Rowell. This is my own storyline, and this has not been written by the authour Rainbow Rowell.