Chapter 5

Waking up to the shrieking sound of her alarm clock, Victoria jumped out of bed, anxious to take on the day. The awkwardness she had felt with Mike last night seemed light years behind her, after she had had a reassuring phone call with Lizzy.

"Don't worry about it Vic," Lizzy had explained. "I know for a fact that Mike has been having trouble with his parents for the past week or so. I feel bad for him of course, but I'm pretty sure that's the reason he was acting funky with you last night."

"Are you sure?" Victoria had asked, nervously pacing around her bedroom.

"I'm sure , I'm sure. Mike never acts like himself when he's having issues with his parents. Besides, you two are best friends, since, well, like forever. He would've totally been beyond the "I like my best friend" thing by now. I doubt any of that could come between you two."

So Victoria felt a lot better today, and was able to focus on her main goal at the moment, getting Brandon to talk to her. After the fiasco the other day (otherwise known as the eye incident), Lizzy helped Victoria come up with some topics to talk about with Brandon, (eye-lash fluttering and football games were not among them).

As Victoria fixed herself in her bedroom mirror, she wondered how she should approach Brandon. Just thinking about him made her a little fluttery inside, and she twisted her wavy brown hair in a dream-like fashion. Victoria adored her hair, it was long and wavy and and naturally thick, but it never frizzed, except in extreme humidity. She had even gotten her tips highlighted, giving her an ombré effect. Her hair was one of the few things she didn't feel insecure about. As of the things that she did, the list could stretch on forever.

An hour or so passed, and Victoria boarded the bus, looking for her usual seat next to Mike who lived a few houses down. Here it goes, the moment of truth, thought Lizzy. Crossing her fingers, she hoped Lizzy was right about Mike being wierd because of his parents.

"Vicky! Good, mornin sunbeam," he smirked, looking at Victoria's outfit; black boots, gray jeans, and a black Abercrombie and Fitch hoodie.

"Well your just too kind," Victoria snarled at Mike as she took her seat. On the outside, she was annoyed, but on the inside, she was relieved. Seemed like the spacey, wierd Mike had taken a hike. Hopefully, normal Mike was here to stay.

They got to school, and Victoria went to her locker. She fiddled with her combination and grabbed her stuff for the day.

As she slammed her locker closed, she let out a small shriek. Brandon was standing right behind her locker!! Asdfghjkl, her brain turned to mush.

"Hey," he said, shooting Victoria a smoldering look. His glimmering green eyes pierced through her, making her heart melt.

"Umm..hi."

"Look Victoria, I'm really sorry about the way I dissed you yesterday, I was just having a bad day," he reached over and touched his hand to Victoria's arm. "And I really do care about what you have to say."

Woah, thought Victoria. Electricity sizzled through her arm where Brandon had touched her. "It's fine..." She trailed, completely mesmerized.

"Okay, good," Brandon said with a smile. "And hey, see you in math class." He gave her a flirtatious wink, and walked away.

This. Was. Epic. Victoria HAD to tell Lizzy.

***********************************

*Brandon's POV*

Brandon didn't WANT to play Victoria. Heck, he didn't want anything to do with her at all. But he knew that Victoria had a giant crush on him, and he planned to use that to his advantage.

It had all started when Coach Tanner had called Brandon to his office after football practice. Brandon had shuffled into his office, nervous of the massacre that was about to go down.

"I'm worried about your grades Brandon, especially math. You realize if you get a C in math, you will be kicked off the team."

"Coach I-"

"Save it, all I want to know is you will work on your grades," Coach leaned over the table and brought his voice to a whisper, "And look, I don't care HOW you improve your grades, I just want that C to turn into a B. The team can't afford to lose you, your one of the best players."

"Of course Coach," said Brandon, flattered by the compliment. "I'll get right on it."

That same day, Brandon did a little research. Conveniently, Victoria had the highest grade point average in their math class.

So, with finals coming up, Brandon had the sudden interest in Victoria. Maybe dating her for a while wouldn't be too bad...

************************************

PLOT TWIZT BABY!

How do you all like it??

Lol vote and comment for me if you like this! I want this story to get off the ground:)

Xoxo, Margaux