Chapter 3

Holding up a book to her face, Victoria pretended she was reading. Truthfully, she was just staring at Brandon from across the room, but she needed a back-up plan if a teacher thought she looked suspicious. It was Period 8, the last class of the day, and she had Literature. At the end of class, the teacher gave everyone fifteen minutes to independently read a book of their choice. Or stare at your crush of course.

Victoria was debating whether or not to talk to Brandon. If she was going along with Lizzy's plan, she had to speak up, and fast. And if she wasn't going along with the plan, she also had to speak up, and faster! There was no way Victoria could go from not speaking to Brandon at all, to being his homecoming date. It was unrealistic.

So she formulated a plan to strike a conversation after class. She would wait for him to pick up his things, and they would leave the classroom at the same time. Victoria would mention something easy to talk about, like sports, and BAM, he falls head over heels in love with her.

The clock could not move any slower. It seemed like 10 minutes had passed, when only 2 minutes had. Every passing second made Victoria more nervous, yet anxious at the same time. She couldn't believe it, she was finally working up the nerve to talk to Brandon. Tapping her fingers on the desk, she awaited the end of class. Sadly, it approached at sloth-like speed.

When she felt she couldn't take it any longer, the bell finally rang. Kids rushed out of the door, but Victoria trailed behind, waiting for Brandon to collect his belongings.

Hey Brandon, how was the game Friday night? Did that sound stupid? she wondered.

Brandon got up and sauntered over to the door. Here goes nothing, thought Victoria.

"Hey Brandon! How was the game Friday night?" Victoria batted her eyelashes a few times for affect. Brandon turned to her, surprised that she had spoken to him.

"It was good," he said. "We won, 12 to 5."

"Well of course we won, I bet you scored a ton of touchdowns." Victoria flattered, batting her eyelashes a few more times. Her pulse raced a mile a minute.

"Actually, I didn't score any." Then after a few seconds a puzzled look appeared on his face. "Do you have something stuck in your eye? You should really check that out." Brandon said, shaking his head. Then he left the classroom.

Victoria was devastated. Did she have something in her eye? No of course not! Her well thought out plan had backfired on her completely. Undoubtedly, this was going to be way harder than she had thought. Brandon and her were definitely not off to a great start.

**************************************************************************************************************

Hello Everyone!

I've decided Im going to put the authors note at the end of the chapter from now on, it just makes a lot more sense. Anyway, vote, and comment your feedback! I'd really like to hear from anyone that reads this!:)

xoxo, Margaux