Chapter 22

Andrea couldn't reach the girl, so she pushed the robot into the air so his gun fired in a blank space. She thanked God it didn't hit anyone. I then crushed the robot by bringing my hands closer together. There was screaming and mayhem.

The police officer who had come with me cleared the whole area, but the stupid girl just stood there. Idiot. I decided to keep my concentration on the robot, and even the police officer moved back. He couldn't get to the little girl. I could hear her mom screaming, but she continued to lick her ice cream. Why are kids so dumb?!

He released himself from my grasp, when I couldn't hold him any longer.

"You think the pathetic little girl is safe?" he sneered.

How could she not be?

I turned around and saw the big rocket coming back towards the little girl. IT WAS DIRECTED TOWARDS ONLY HER.

I grabbed the maniac's robot again, threw it high in the air just above the girl, and just when the rocket was about to hit the ground, I pulled the girl towards me using levitation. The rocket hit the robot and there was nothing left of it.

It was a rocket which caused damage to only the thing it crashed into, I deduced. The other civilians were at a safe distance, so no one was harmed.

Everyone started clapping and cheering. I looked up and everyone was coming towards me. I wasn't used to it, so I backed off a bit. The police officer tried to hold them back, except for the mother, who ran to her kid. She scolded her but also caressed her. Weird.

I grabbed Maha's hand and flew away, not wanting the attention. But I knew now word of a superhero will spread around like wild-fire.

I didn't want that.

Maha and I landed on her front porch, and went in saying hi to her mum.

"Where were you girls?" She asked.

"At the fair."

After saying that we ran upstairs. We needed to figure out if Maha was okay. We both were the only ones who knew.

We were about to start our first test on her powers when we heard her mom scream.

"WHY ARE YOU TWO ON THE TV?! AND HOW DID ANDREA MOVE THAT ROBOT AROUND?! ARE YOU TWO FLYING?!"

Of course this story would make it to the news. And her mom and probably the whole city found out. Even my parents will know I used my powers outside of my house when I was told not to. Why didn't I turn invisible? The whole world would know.

Uh oh.