0.3 | Consulting Detective?

Rami

"Do you know where the police station is?"

Mrs. Hudson quickly gave me the directions and sent me on my way.

I trotted down the stairs to get to the front door of the small building and called a taxi to come pick me up since it's too far to walk.

It wasn't an overly long ride to get there though.

I paid the driver and gave him a bit of a tip, but not too much because that would be the last of my money.

I hopped out of he car and looked at the large building, I was mostly looking for an entrance because the building was so enormous.

Once I found the entrance that was slightly off to the right I walked inside.

The inside was pretty bland and there were a few officers walking around, nothing major.

Rather than going to the reception and actually asking to go inside I just snuck in behind someone who was heading into the main office area where I assumed Gwilym would be.

I heard his familiar accent coming from an office.

I read the name plate that was on the person's door.

Detective Inspector, Joseph F. Mazzello

When I heard someone opening the door I leaned against the wall to make it look like I wasn't eavesdropping on their conversation. I didn't really hear much of the conversation though, it just seemed as if Gwilym was arguing with the detective.

Gwilym looked to his right and saw me.

He put a finger up to signal he'd follow the detective that was walking out of his office in a moment.

He walked over to me and stood inches away from me, making me accidentally hit the back of my head off the wall.

"What are you doing here?" He asked in a stern but monotone voice.

"I-I was just curious as to what you do, that's all."

He shook his head and ran a hand through his hair.

"So you snuck into a police station?"

I nodded and gulped, preparing for the worst.

He shook his head again and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"You're awfully dull."

He continued following the detective but I just watched from a distance.

The other detective seemed angry or annoyed with Gwilym and I desperately wanted to know why but I didn't want to approach the pair in case I got in trouble for sneaking into the station without permission.

I did slightly follow behind them so then I didn't get lost trying to navigate my way around the massive building.

Gwilym and the detective stood facing eachother for a moment and continued their conversation.

I heard something about a murder and that Gwilym needed to go to the hospital ASAP.

He walked passed me but he motioned for me to come with him.

I followed next to the tall man.

"So, what is it that you do?" I asked.

"I'm a consulting detective."

I'd never heard of the before.

"What exactly is that?"

"Exactly what it sounds like."

Okay, cocky.

•••••

We arrived at the hospital fairly quickly.

I followed behind Gwilym since I didn't know where we were going.

He pulled me into an elevator and we went down to the basement.

For what? I don't know.

Is he gonna kill me? No that's insane.

Once we made it to the basement Gwilym walked down the hallway ahead of me.

He turned a corner and walked into a room.

I speed walked to catch up to him and read the plate outside of the room he walked into.

Morgue

I shuttered at the thought of going into a room filled with literal corpes. But I still followed him because I didn't want to get lost.

I looked around and noticed him moving around a corpse and inspecting it with a small magnifying glass.

I slowly began making my way over to where Gwilym was standing.

He put the magnifying glass back in his coat pocket and spun around to look at the blonde lady standing behind him.

He quickly said something that I couldn't make out but it must've been important because the lady came running over to the corpse that way laying on the metal table and began inspecting it herself.

Gwilym mumbled something to himself and flipped his jacket collar upwards as he stormed out of the morgue.

The blonde lady looked over and me and politely smiled and waved. I waved back at her and followed Gwilym once again.

•••••

In a period of about 3 hours we went back to the police station, argued and ended up going back home.

There was something odd about Gwilym that I couldn't quite put my finger on.

He was like a robot that was built to do a job and nothing else. He doesn't emote the same way an average person would if that makes any sense.

He's just a very interesting being.

I sat down in my armchair and watch Gwilym pace around the small flat.

I'd noticed that he does that alot. He never seems to just sit still.

Eventually he flopped down on the couch across the room and put his hands over his face.

I stood back up and walked over to him.

I crouched down next to him and cocked my head to the side.

"Hey Gwil, what's wrong?"

👁️👄👁️
Ily
Harrison🌹