Chapter 18

"I just don't understand what's so hard about this sweetie, Stefanzo is a good man and I'm sure he'll take care of you." My mom placed a cup of chamomile tea in front of me.

I couldnt consult anybody else, my mother was wise and I needed her input on this.

"And knock everything I built down? I worked so hard to get where I am. I love my kids." I said .

"So you'll pick some snotty nose kids over a brand new chanel bag? Girl you're crazy." She walked away .

"They aren't just that to me mom. They are apart of my journey they teach me things while I'm teaching them; proper child development has always been my priority ." I inputted.

"Well if you just love kids so much, then let Stefanzo give you some. You're grown enough." She stirred her teaspoon in her cup.

I never seen my mom this pushy. Ever since I introduced her to Stefanzo she's made him into some type of God.

"All that would come in do time mom, I have to date him more and then that would lead to marriage...then children. "

"Do you know I got pregnant with your brother Cedric 3 months into knowing Ronald...we wasn't married but we made it work." She told me getting defensive.

"So what are you saying? That I should just let him ejaculate in me and hope for the best? I'm not you and I aint desperate for no man." I snapped.

"How dare you open up your mouth and say that to me? Huh? The woman who gave you life , the woman that was there dealing with your tears because you! Didnt think you were good enough!" She grew angry.

"Momma I'm sorry ok? I'm just tired of people normalizing what's bad." My heart grew heavy.

"I know that you have provided for me and been there for me and I thank you for that . What you have done hasn't gone unnoticed. I didnt mean to disrespect you like that." I continued.

"Nevermind this , we have bigger fish to fry. You're uncultured swine of a brother is visiting and he'll be here any minute now." She said .

"Is Esmeralda coming too?" I asked.

I was excited to see my brother I missed him dearly we had some really fun times growing up.

"Unfortunately, I don't want her tail in here but Benard said I had to be nice." She said.

Esmeralda was the sweetest girl I've met and to see momma acting so bitter towards her broke me.

"Yes can you please? She hasn't even did anything to you ." I rolled my eyes

"Yet!" Momma said walking upstairs.

10 minutes later the doorbell ring and I rushed to get it.

"Cedric!" I screamed out and hugged my brother.

"Wassup CeCe." His deep voice boomed out.

His pearly whites gleamed in excitement to see me.

I let him go.

" Hey Sissy in law!" I went over to hug Esmeralda.

I wanted them to feel welcomed before anything goes down to where they feel unwelcomed.

"Yall come on in." I showed them the guest bed room in which they would stay in for the night.

"Ahhh thats my boy Ricky?" Daddy said coming down the stairs with a quickness.

My father really stood up to take care of Cedric as his own and that's one thing I admire about him.

"Hey dad!" He said they embraced.