2

tw (trigger warning)
          this chapter contains mentions of insults towards children with divorced parents, underage smoking and drinking. if you're uncomfortable with reading that, i highly recommend you don't push through with this book or skip past the dialogue. though this is purely a work of fiction, i understand how it could possibly upset some people.
i'll mark where you shouldn't read if you're still wanting to with a - before the dialogue and end it with a - too.
  please proceed with caution.

         Wednesday. Jaemin's favorite day of the week.

Wednesday, otherwise known as the day he doesn't have to spend at least half of school hours scolding the Diablos gang members.

They never complied with him, especially their leader, but it was worth a shot trying to get them to stop their ways.

The day the Diablos members don't come to school, the only day of the week they don't come to school.

Though as much as Jaemin loved Wednesdays, the student council president side of him worried about his classmates. He didn't want them failing classes, he wanted them to stop hurting themselves with all the useless gang fights they get into with other schools, he didn't want them walking down the wrong life path and regretting it later on.

Jaemin was known to have a caring personality. Whether he was part of the Student Council or not.

It just seemed like a part of his bloodline, to automatically want to help the people around him and make sure they're taking care of themselves.

No matter how hard headed, scary, and intimidating the Diablos members are, they're no different from everyone else in the honey haired boys eyes.

That morning, Jaemin wakes up at exactly 5 o'clock sharp. Classes start around 8, but he wanted to get there early to greet all of his fellow schoolmates. It became a habit to do so ever since he won the election last school year.

He pulls himself out of bed and makes it quickly before skipping over to his bathroom. Doing his skin care routine, brushing his teeth, showering, the usual for anyone really. After he finishes, he dresses up in his uniform, throws his I.D on around his neck, and slings his bag over his shoulder.

Before Jaemin leaves his room though, he looks over at the notebook he had filled with 3 new names in last night and unknowingly sighs. "Maybe I should just give up for now." He mumbles quietly to himself as he exits, making his way downstairs.

"Good morning, Minnie!"

Jaemin sheepishly rubs the back of his neck. "Good morning, mom. How was your sleep?" He asks as he checks his watch.

Seeing how he had at least 20 minutes before he had to leave, Jaemin seats himself down at the dining room table, his stepdad left early for work so it was just them at the moment, right as his mother put a bowl of rice topped with a fried egg. It was simple, but it was the young boys favorite. "Ahh, you really didn't have to."

"But I wanted to! Anything for my Minnie." Jaemin's mom pinches his cheeks as he begins to eat, taking a set right in front of her son. "I slept okay, I got home a little while ago, three hours ago? I think I got home at three—"

"Mommmm." Jaemin whines before he even has the chance to take a bite. "I could've done this myself, you need to sleep! It's not healthy for you to wake up like this after you've barely even been able to rest."

Mrs. Na only smiles at Jaemin who was now upsettingly shoving spoonful's of rice in his mouth. It was an amusing sight for her eyes to behold.

Normally, Jaemin was calm, collected, and mature. So it was rare for her to see her son acting like he was in elementary school again.