6

Sometimes, Lee Jeno actually did like to use his brain to think. Whether it be for his next fighting tactics at his next fight, or how he'd get away with murder if he actually try to commit such a crime, Jeno did like to sit and think about the consequences of his actions sometimes.

Today was one of those days as he walks home alone after their fight with Dlasthr. Jisung and Yukhei had walked home in their direction, Chenle and Donghyuck were hungry so they most likely were robbing the 7/11 down the street from campus, and Mark was wherever the fuck he was.

The young gangster grits his teeth at the thought of Mark. Little shit didn't even bother showing up. Fuck his broken ankle or whatever happened to it. Jeno remembers when he was fighting with the exact same problem he was and he didn't die, now did he?

He'd have to have a small talk with Mark later that night. After all, he and Mark only lived 2 houses away from each other.

While Jeno swings his bat, glaring at anyone who looked at him funny due to all his bloody bandages and ripped clothing, his mind goes elsewhere. Thoughts drifting from Mark to Jaemin who he had spotted walking home alone from school the other day.

Jaemin was always known to be cheery, bubbly, joyful, literally any other word that could be a synonym of 'happy'.

So, when Jeno saw him dragging himself along the street by himself with the most discouraged, upset, possibly even frustrated facial expressions, it caught him off guard. Of course, he does understand everyone has their days, but this just felt off to him.

Hell, he didn't even know and or even LIKE Jaemin. Deadass all he was was the annoying little Student Council President who loved to kiss all the teacher's asses so he could get whatever he wanted. What qualities did Jaemin possess that everyone else didn't?

"Pretty Privilege." Jeno snorts to himself quietly, shaking his head and looking down at the pavement. "If only everyone had it as easy as you did, Na Jaemin."

It takes Jeno less than 30 minutes to reach his house, sighing when he saw the gold plaque that read:

LEE

In big, bold letters below their mailbox.

Now, Jeno's house definitely not as extravagant as Jaemin's, or as ordinary as Mark's.

It was small, sort of beat up, and had a garage that didn't close all the way. The air-conditioner broke about a week ago, and Jeno's dad was too fucked up to actually want to try and fix it or get it fixed, but then again, with what money?

Lee Jeno walks in the hallways of his high school with a deadly, drop-dead-gorgeous, rich boy aura at school. But this?

This was his reality.

Of course, no one but the members of his gang were aware of this. Not that they cared anyway, either. It was who was living in the house that mattered, not what the house looked like. Jeno was thankful to have met such understanding boys although he doesn't really consider them his friends.

When Jeno reaches the front door, he sighs. Free hand fishing inside the right back pocket of his jeans for his house key. Since it was 5pm, his dad could either be at 1. Work (he doubts it) or 2. Getting drunk on the couch while watching the news to piss him off some more. He wouldn't be surprised if it was #2.

Jabbing his key into the lock, Jeno twists, and ducks as he pushes the door open, immediately being greeted by a flying beer bottle over his head. Yup, for sure not the first thought he had in mind.

Jeno scowls at his father while he rips his key out of the door and slams it shut, not even bothering to lock it back up. "Well hello to you too, Seojun." He spits while walking further inside, dragging his bat along the wooden floors of the building. Jeno stopped calling his father 'dad' by the time he was 13. At first, his father simply thought it was just as phase, but as soon as Jeno hit 15 and was still calling him by his name, he soon realized it definitely was not a phase.