Chapter 2 Present Redo

Chapter 2

(I do not own the Walking dead or Inuyasha but I do own my characters)

Kagome PV

5 years later

It's been five years since the day we were never to return to the past and five years since we finished school we kept on training thinking about our family that we had left behind. "Are we taking the vacation that mom has suggested we take to get our minds off the well" Hikaru said next to me with her weapons out.

Hikaru is still the same as she was 5 years ago the only difference is she has more muscle and still goes hunting when she has the chance. She stands 5'4 with a bigger chest than mine and had shorter hair since that fateful day.

"I think it might be a good idea. How about a place where there are not a lot of people but is near a city." I suggested

While I am 5'6 and 25 I have studied different types of plants that can be helpful in a medical situation. I am a bit more muscular than my sister but not much because she does more training than me.

When we came back we told our mother of the situation while she was happy to have us here she also saw how sad we were because of what we left behind. In all she gave her support later that day we had discussed what Midoriko wanted to warn us.

What we came up with is that we had to train; learn how to survive in the wild, study animals and plants to see what are useful in serious situations. Then we wait to see what happens in the future.

"So I know a place where we can go and be free from the city life and away from here." Hikaru stated. "Where is the place?" I asked if she smiled and said "Atlanta, Georgia."

Hikaru PV

I had seen my sister's face and knew she was surprised at what I said and she added "Why there?" "Because there are a lot of small towns, they have open forest areas for me to hunt and you to learn more about other plants that can be useful for us in an emergency situation". After a while thinking she said all right then we headed back home to pack our bags.

We came back home and told our mother about the vacation and the location we are headed when she heard she agreed to help.

"What we need are clothes, weapons, medical supply, food and other essentials that we need because we don't know what will happen and make sure Kira and Diego are ready as well," Kagome said while in the kitchen.

I entered my room to start packing. We were leaving in the morning. I packed what was needed and helped Kagome with her items.

We were done for the night as we slept. I couldn't help get a feeling that something was going to happen while we were there. Something tells me that whatever it is will change our lives for the best or worse only time will tell.

Kagome PV

As morning came I saw Hikaru staring out the window as I got up to stand next to her and said "What wrong did something happen?"

"I don't know I have a feeling that things are going to change while we are there but also I get the feeling we need to be there" she said in a calm and serious voice.

I looked at her and said" It must be what Midoriko was warning us about. We should be on guard over their rest while we have the chance". I started to think what Hikaru was saying. This will be what Midoriko was saying. As I was getting things together I talked to mom and gave her a warning to be careful.

As we left the shrine and headed towards the airport we said our goodbye to everyone and then began to board the plane not knowing what was expecting us in Atlanta.

Atlanta, Georgia

In a street corner near a restaurant two cops were having lunch one was the sheriff and the other was his partner and best friend.

As they were talking and having a good time Shane the deputy was complaining about how women and men are different and was telling how he had to turn off the lights in the house because of a woman.

"How are you and Lori doing?" asked Shane" It's alright we have problems but we try to fix it but it seems that all we do is fight. I try to work things out for Carl but it is not going well" Rick answered.

"Hey it will be alright just hang in there and see what happens if it starts being too much I say that you will have to make a choice between your marriage or Carl" Shane added.

After what Shane said Rick had a lot of things to think about including his family and mostly his son.

Soon after what was being said the radio came on and told the available officer needed in a car chase on the highway. They answered they were on their way and as they were at the end of the car chase. Shane pulled out the chain with spikes to stop the car as soon as it was set they heard the car coming along with other officers. Rick radios the others to pull back because of the spike set on the ground.

As they saw the other cops slow down Rick and Shane went behind their car for protection. The car still didn't slow down and when it went over the spike it blew out there wheels. So the car swerved and turned over into the field. Both partners slowly went over to the flipped car to check if the driver and passenger were alright.

"Come out with your hands up" Rick yelled with him having his gun drawn and Shane beside him with a shotgun.

As Rick moved forward the driver came out and started shooting the police fired back after a minute Rick was shot and bleeding. After the shootout was done Shane came to Rick's side to make sure that he would make it to the hospital after the police called the paramedic to take Rick to the Hospital and then inform his family on the situation.