//: Chapter 2 ://

Mysticmoon took great proud steps. Each closer to adventure. The grassy plains seemed to go on forever. But, if she squinted her eyes enough, she could make out a beautiful blue ocean. She could even taste the tangy salt. It made her think back to when she was a kit. The elders would past on stories from there elders, and there elders. One of her favorites is when the great Bramblestar had went with Squirrelstar. She wanted to be a heroic leader, just like Bramblestar. But then, Squirrelstar was great too. She loved her personality. Tawnypelt was nice too. She knew to follow where her heart took her. And she was a mother. Mysticmoon always dreamt of being a leader, but she always wanted kits too. Of course, Crowstar. Crowstar has gone through so much heartbreak. It pained Mysticmoon to think about it. But in the end, her true favorite, Feathertail. Mysticmoon would love to be just like her, dying for a clan or tribe that she never even knew! The purest of heart. If Feathertail survived, she would've made a great leader. 'Featherstar,' it has a nice ring to it.

Mysticmoon continued to stretch as she walked. The moss bed weren't like the ones at home, but they were still better then the short grass they slept on during the journey. She had gotten up in the middle of the night from being uncomfortable. She had seen Mysticalwood had moved to. She hoped it wasn't because of her, just because she felt uncomfortable too. Mysticmoon had found a comfy place in a tree.

Mysticalwood could hear her heart thumping. Like it was the only sound in the world. Thump... thump... thump... She was more introverted, keeping to herself. The cats scents were strong. There must be many making her heart thump faster. Thump, thump, thump.

Mysticmoon widened her eyes when she saw all the cats. Fur in her spine began to rise when she saw a twoleg walking around them. In relief, she watched as a cat hissed at the twoleg. Suddenly, her eyes went to a reddish cat. There was no way to explain his pattern. But, she couldn't take her eyes off the Tom. She approached him, forgetting about Mysticalwood.

"Hey!" She meowed over to him.

"Oh, hi. Haven't seen you around here before." He replied.

Her eyes dazzled, "Yeah, I smelt loads of cats, and I came to see. I'm Mysticmoon by the way."

He widened his eyes, "Your name is beautiful, your mother must be very creative. I'm Stormblaze."

She wanted to scream in happiness. She had never gotten a compliment like that before. Most just went along with it. She shuffled her paws, trying to think about what to ask him.

"So, how did you end up here, if you don't mind me asking?" She asked.

He looked up, thinking. "I was in SteamClan. There was a forest fire, there were only a very few survivors. And, we were the only clan, a really big clan too. Most wanted to stay and die by there kin. But I knew we still had a life to live. I was able to persuade my best friend Quickfire, and we left. How about you?"

She nuzzled him, sad about what he had went through. "Oh, like you, there was a disaster. I was in RiverClan, and there was flood. A fast one. Me and Mysticalwood escaped to the hills with some other cats. That was WindClan territory. They chased us off though, and when we stopped running, it was only us. And, we were lost. Now we ended up here."

Mysticalwood shuffled her paws. She saw a tom sniffing around. She took a deep breathe, this is your chance, you can do this. She approached him, giving the Tom a quick sniff. After speaking for a little bit, she calmed down. See, it's not that bad. She liked his company, known as Quickfire. After he told her about what had happened, he was now shivering in fear. She went up to nuzzle him, hoping to comfort him.

Instead he back up and hissed at her. "Leave me alone!" He shouted.

She crouched down in fear. She didn't mean to hurt his feelings. He then stomped away towards to Mysticmoon and the Tom she was speaking too.