Chapter 9

In Celaena's room, she was writing in her journal where she keeps her inner thoughts. She didn't want to forget the memory that she recently remembered, not wanting her past to slip away from her again.

In my past life, I seemed to grow up poor with a single parent- A mother. She looked very similar to me, and she looked younger than her actual age. I seem to be wearing different kind of clothes that are way different than what people in Ylisstol wear. Even the room seems different. It's like the walls were made of paper! I still remember seeing cherry blossom trees, if only I remember where I have seen them. But despite the scenery... I seemed to have died from some unknown severe disease. And from what I can understand, it's assumed that I have passed during the same time Robin had sacrificed herself. That's probably how I got reincarnated as her, and was giving a second chance by her. But that part is still unknown and only my assumption. But... It really can't be a coincidence... It somehow taken me two years to be reincarnated. Gah! All this thinking about reincarnation is making my head hurt! Getting back on track, if only I can remember the place I grew up in my past life... But a major clue for that... My real name. Kih'ra. That's probably the key to finding out where I'm actually from. I can almost feel it!

Closing the journal, Celaena let out a sigh. Her head was a mess. It felt like if she didn't solve this mystery of where she came from, it felt like her head will explode.

Celaena wanted to find more about her past. She didn't know where to even start. She doubt Chrom would know anything about cherry blossom trees since there weren't any trees like that here. Wanting to clear her head, Celaena decided to take a walk outside.

Managing not to bump into anyone, Celaena stepped foot outside. The fresh air was calming her down, but it wasn't enough. She needed answers. Soon. Whatever needed to be done, Celaena would do anything to find out about the place in her past.

From a distance, Celaena could hear someone grunting. Looking up, she saw someone swinging a sword effortlessly. Walking a bit more, she was able to tell who it was. Lon'qu.

His name seemed similar to her past name. Maybe he knew something about the place she remembered growing up at. Hoping she would be right, Celaena made her way over there.

Lon'qu was so distracted in his sword training that he had no idea that Celaena was heading his way. With his great sense of hearing, he started to hear her footsteps.

Thinking an enemy was trying to sneak up on him, Lon'qu swung his sword towards Celaena's direction.

Standing still, Celaena raised her hands up. The blade was right underneath her chin. Her heart was pounding from fear. "It's just me."

Realizing that it was his ally, Lon'qu lowered his sword. "Why were you trying to sneak up on me?"

"I wasn't trying to sneak up on you. I actually want to talk to you about something."

Lon'qu looked curious. "About what?"

"Well... I don't know how to go about this..." Celaena was trying to find the right words to say without messing up. "I want to know... Where are you from? I've been wondering for a while now since your name sounds foreign, so... Curiosity got the best of me."

Wondering why Celaena wanted to know about him all of a sudden, Lon'qu answered with caution. "Regna Ferox."

"Regna Ferox..?" For some reason, that name didn't suit a place that had cherry blossom trees.

Lon'qu nodded. "It's where I was taken in at a young age."

"Taken in? So... Was there another place you were at before?"