Thunderbolt and Lightning Very, Very Frightening

^^^^^

V short and soft oops

Joe's P.O.V

It had been raining all day but it wasn't until about 15 minutes ago the wind started picking up and it started pouring outside.

Ben and I had just stayed inside all day since I had the day off from work and we didn't want to do much else because it was cold and wet outside.

The both of us were snuggled up on the couch, watching a movie until there was a loud crack of thunder and the power shut off, making the whole room pitch black.

I squinted and tried looking around the room even though I knew it wouldn't do anything.

I turned myself to my side and tried to grab onto Ben but instead I ended up just hugging the air and falling off the couch since he wasn't there anymore.

I stood up and stumbled around the room as I tried looking for Ben.

Soon I figured out that I wasn't going to find him in the darkness so I sat in a corner of the room and slid down to the floor.

I brought my knees up to my chest and placed my head between my knees.

I was sitting on the floor for about 10 minutes until I heard a flick sound coming from the kitchen. I looked up and saw Ben holding a candle out in front of him as he walked over to me.

He crouched down in front of me and held his hand out to help me stand back up.

I took his hand and hoisted myself up to my feet.

One of his arms snaked around my waist as he guided me back to the couch.

"Where'd you go?" I asked.

He snickered and looked over at me.

"I was just looking for candles. I didn't go far"

I flopped down onto the couch and when Ben sat down next to me I tackled him into a hug.

"Now, you're not leaving again" I squeezed his torso and snuggled closer to him.

He put his arms around me and placed his head on mine.

I closed my eyes and sighed. It was quite peaceful until another crack of thunder came from the distance. The lighting that went with it was so bright that it lit up the whole room.

When I heard the loud bang of the thunder I jumped and bolted upwards.

"Hey, are you okay?" Ben asked, sitting up so he could comfort me.

I looked out the window across the room and watched the pouring rain that was beating down onto the glass and looked back at him.

I looked at his face that was lit up by the dull light that came from the candle sitting on the coffee table and smiled.

"Yeah...I'm okay"

He smiled at me and wrapped an arm around my shoulders.

He laid back down on the couch and I laid down with him, resting my head on his chest.

The room was silent except for the sound of rain pounding down onto the windows and the occasional sound of thunder coming from the distance.

"Benny"

"Hm?"

"Can you play some music please?"

He pulled his phone out of his pocket and put on I Would Do Anything For You by Foster The People.

I smiled and hummed along to the song.

Awhile ago Ben got me obsessed with this song and ever since he would play it around the house while cooking, cleaning, or even going to skating practice.

I quietly began mumbling the words to myself and stuck out two of my fingers like they were legs and made them walk up Ben's chest.

He chuckled and removed my hand from his chest, locking our fingers together in the process.

He took his free hand and began twirling strands of my hair around his fingers.

"Hey Joey."

I looked up at him.

"I looooveee youuu" he said with a goofy smile.

I shook my head and smiled at him.

"I loooove you toooo"

I'm cold and dysphoric >:^(
Didn't proofread
Ily
Harry💚