Rohit and Shikhar's Rudolph

~Last night~

Immediately after Virat posted the challenge in their group, Rohit had sought out Shikhar, because they had always been partners in everything they had done since 2013.

"We can approach it in a very different way from the others," said Shikhar. "Because we have you."

"So what?"

"Sofia is obsessed with you. We could manipulate her?"

Rohit looked terrified. "Manipulate her?"

"Do you want us to win or not?" asked Dhawan quizzically.

Rohit's face cleared.

"What d'you have in mind?"

Shikhar clapped him on the shoulder. "We need to make a jack-in-the-box."

____________

~This morning~

Accordingly, Rohit and Shikhar had woken up before everyone else and slunk out of the hotel to buy a box, a strong spring and a rubber ball.

Inside Rohit's room, they assembled them into a jack-in-the-box system that would release the rubber ball with great force if the box was disturbed.

After nearly two hours of hard work, their apparatus was ready.

"Now for the note," said Shikhar, extremely over excited.

They planned and plotted and finally Rohit carefully wrote on a piece of paper,

"Sofie,
I'm extremely sorry for the disgraceful way my team has behaved with you. I'd love to apologize to you in person. Could you come to my room at 7 in the evening? I'll make sure none of the nuisances are here then.
Love,
R"

"The 'love, R' part seems a bit risky, Shikki," said Rohit. "I mean, Ritika doesn't know anything about what's going on here. What if..."

"What the hell are you worrying about? Our child's name is Rudolph!" said Shikhar, patting their box lovingly.

Rohit snorted with laughter. "Better label it."

So they wrote out a nice 'RUDOLPH' on a chart paper and pasted it on the box.

"We need to slip the note into her room," said Shikhar.

"I bet we'll get an opportunity," said Rohit confidently.

And they did.

_____________

Indian cricket team WhatsApp group:

Rohit: All team members are summoned to my room at 6:30 sharp

Virat: Why?

Jaddu: Why? (2)

Hardik: Why? (3)

Kuldeep: Why? (4)

Rohit: Shut up

Shikhar: We'd better cancel our invitation, Ro