8

Laura and Carmilla had spent the next few weeks counting down the days until they finally met in person. Laura's bubbling excitement was unwavering. She was so excited in fact that she talked- forced- Carmilla into buying a calendar so they could mark off the days together. Carmilla didn't really mind much. She was just as excited for Laura to arrive as Laura was. She had purchased an air mattress just in case Laura was uncomfortable sharing a bed. All her friends were unaware Laura was coming so soon. They'd been told their meeting was at a later date. Carmilla didn't want to go spewing it out and get her hopes up- or risk turning into a version of her very bubbly girlfriend, who understood her reasoning completely. It was bad enough Laura was all she talked about.

Ell was a big deal for Carmilla; she changed the way Carmilla looked at relationships for a long time. For a year after, Carmilla let herself feel nothing for another woman but that hot feeling in her stomach that accompanied lust. That left her feeling empty pretty fast. She spent the rest of her sophomore year and the entirety of her junior year focused on her music and fearing letting her heart entrust itself in someone else. Who would've thought that it would try to do so with a beautiful brown-eyed, blonde-haired short journalism major from Toronto, Canada? That is an hour and a half flight- that is exactly a 33-hour drive, 2 days and 6 hours by bus, 205 hours by bike, and 751 hours by foot. She checked.

You can never be too prepared.

8:15 a.m.

MyGirlfriend: My philosophy class is taking forever

MyGirlfriend: I don't understand anything he's saying!

MyGirlfriend: Why do I even need this class?

HerGirlfriend (8:17 a.m.): Philosophy isn't that hard if you really give it a chance, Creampuff

HerGirlfriend: You're lucky I've had my second cup of coffee or I'd only focus on one message. We've talked about this.

HerGirlfriend: NO triple texting me before 10 a.m.!

HerGirlfriend: Now I'm doing it just to annoy you 😊

MyGirlfriend (8:21 a.m.): You take the class then, since you're so smart!

MyGirlfriend: 😜👆

HerGirlfriend (8:23 a.m.): I have. Every year, Cutie

MyGirlfriend: WHAT?!

HerGirlfriend: It's one of my majors...

MyGirlfriend: WHAT?!?!?!?!

Hergirlfriend: Lol. All caps. You're cute. Gotta go. Class. 😁

MyGirlfriend: ARGH! YOU DID THAT ON PURPOSE!

HerGirlfriend: You're cute when you're angry.

Hergirlfriend: Bye, Cutie

MyGirlfriend: Caaarrrmmmm!!!!

*2 hours later*

Hergirlfriend (10:22 a.m.): You still mad at me, cupcake?

Hergirlfriend (10:25 a.m.): Silent treatment, huh?

HerGirlfriend: Not much of a fair play cutie

HerGirlfriend: You've probably changed my name in your phone too

AnnoyingGrumpybutt: You're cute

AnnoyingGrumpybutt (10:31 a.m.): Fine. Silent cuties don't get custom baked cookies when they visit