Chapter 7

Peter and I walked hand in hand around the Telmarine castle. Well, I suppose it now belonged to the Narnians, seeing as Caspian graciously gave it to us. We had a week left until the celebrations. A week left until we left Narnia. This time I would be going back with them. I would get to go to school and even see Uncle again. But leaving Narnia would be tough. Not knowing when we get to come back or even if we get to come back. Peter and I continued to stroll through the castle grounds until he stopped at a water fountain in the garden. "Did you mean what you said at the duel?" He asked me. I turned to look at him, confused.

"What do you mean?" I ask him, sitting down on the edge of the water fountain. He ran his hand through his hair, looking back at me.

"When you said you would marry me...?" A blush rose to my cheeks at I remembered telling him that I would marry him when we won the fight.

"I did. I meant it. There's no pressure. We were engaged once upon a time 1300 years ago." We both smiled at each other. Peter suddenly stopped smiling when he knelt to the ground, making my eyes go wide as he pulled out a ring.

"Anastasia Kirke, will you marry me here in Narnia?" A smile as wide as the crescent moon spread on my lips as my eyes filled with happy tears.

"By Aslan's mane, yes I'll marry you." He smiled at me, slipping the ring on my finger, picking me up and spinning me around. "I love you so much." I told him as he put me down, not letting him reply before I pulled him to a kiss. He pulled away and rested his forehead against mine.

"I love you more than you will ever know."

➹➹➹➹➹

    It was probably the calmest day of my life. I stood there wearing an elegant white dress with Lucy and Susan standing in front of me (they were my bridesmaids), as I looked out seeing the courtyard full of both Narnians and Telmarines. I smiled to myself when I heard the music start to play, Lucy and Susan walking down the aisle to their spots. When I stepped into the aisle, all eyes turned towards me, but I only saw Peter's. I saw his smile grow as I neared him. I looked over, smiling at Edmund who stood by Peter's side, and then looked to the center, where Aslan stood.

    The music came to a soft stop when I stood across from Peter. "Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today in the presence of these witnesses, to join Queen Anastasia Kirke and High King Peter Pevensie in matrimony commended to be honorable among all; and therefore is not to be entered into lightly but reverently, passionately, lovingly and solemnly. Into this - these two persons present now come to be joined. If any person can show just cause why they may not be joined together - let them speak now or forever hold their peace." When no one spoke up, Aslan continued. "I have long foreseen this love. Though they have faced challenges along the way, they have remained deeply in love with each other. Their love has brought celebration here today and it will go to show all Narnians that love can defeat all wickedness. The couple will now present the vows they wrote for each other." Aslan took a small step back, looking to Peter.

    "Ana, from the moment we met I knew there was something special about you. Maybe it was the way you cared for me and my family or maybe it was the way your smile lit up the room. It was you and Lucy who brought us to Narnia and I am forever grateful for the time we have spent here. Because of you, I have learned what it means to be a great king and a good man. I will love and cherish you forever and then the time after forever." I smiled at Peter and he held my hands, a smile on his face as he looked me in the eyes. If his words didn't say it, his eyes told the rest of the story.

"Peter, you were a logical boy when we first met but when we came to Narnia, I saw you for who you truly were: a protector. You protected your sisters and your brother. You protected the Narnians time and time again from evil. You protected me. There hasn't been a moment since I met you that I didn't love you. I loved you then just as I love you now. And I can't wait to spend the rest of our lives loving you." I gripped his hand tighter, smiling up at him, a single tear escaping from my eye. With his finger, Peter wipes away the tear, both of us still smiling at each other.

    "Now repeat after me. I, High King Peter, take you, Queen Anastasia, be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part." Peter repeated after Aslan, slipping the ring on my finger. "I, Queen Anastasia, take you, High King Peter, be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part." I repeated after Aslan, slipping the ring on Peter's finger. "By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride." A loud roar filled the castle grounds as the earth shook. Peter smiled down at me, pulling me into his arms as he kissed me. Both of us were smiling into the kiss as flower petals fell from the sky. Peter and I pulled away, and I fixed the crown on his head as we stood in front of the Narnians and Telmarines.