Chapter 7: Buddy?

Elijah pov:

I asked YN if she could make a YouTube banner for my YouTube channel called l00ni. She turned light red and said sure. I was so happy. I was going to tell her thank you but the teacher inturupted our convo. " Okay class so I know its only the first day... But the person to your left will be your partner for homeroom. You guys will do all of my projects assigned to you together.  There were 6 desks in each row. YN was the first person in my row. She looked to me. "So... You are my partner Elijah." She said. The teacher started to speak again "the first project starts today and it's a get to know you project. Its due next week Friday!" She says as the bell rings.

YN pov:

I have to be partners with Elijah.
And he wants me to design him a YouTube channel banner. Then it hits me: Elijah has a YouTube channel? I try to forget about the project I have to do with him but I end up colliding with him on my way to lunch 3 class periods later. Come on universe! I drop all of my textbooks and he drops his, our books and notebooks are mixed up.
I quickly grabbed my things and rushed to the cafeteria.

Elijah pov:
I went home amd thought about Y/N. Man she's so...unique. But in a good way. She's smart, creative, and beautiful. I go in my backpack to write things out for me and Y/N's project. I look for my homeroom notebook but only found a purple one that Y/N's full name.
I realized that when we collided in the hall I grabbed some of her things on accident because she was in a rush. I text her.

Elijah: hey y/N I got some of ur notebooks from earlier

YN: Oh I was looking 4 those lmao😂
I'll pick them up now and we Can work on our project too.

Elijah:😄okay ttyl

YN: ✌👋

End of texts

YN pov:
Okay so Elijah texted me that he had some of my supplies and now I'm on my way over to his house to do our project notes. I knock on the door and Mr. Best opens it. "Oh you must be Elijah's girlfriend." I pause at those words. Elijah is all of a sudden behind his father saying " NO, dad I said great friend. A great friend was coming over to study." His father said "Oh" and walked into the kitchen. I followed Elijah up the stairs and into his bedroom. I sat at his desk thought of ideas for our project. He pulled up an extra chair and discussed ideas.

Ethan pov:

I walked out into the hall to go downstairs and seen Y/N and Elijah sitting close together at his desk. "They are kinda cute together" I said to myself. Then I caught myself. "No, Elijah's last girlfriend broke his heart because we took a liking to her too quick. I'm not letting my brother get hurt that bad again..."
I invited the boys over to annoy Y/N, to help her get the hint that Elijah shouldn't be with her and to leave him alone. When they showed up we ran around upstairs shouting, playing with football's and raging at video games.

Cody pov: I rethink hating YN. She isn't like Elijah's ex. She is warmhearted and caring. She's making Elijah blush and laugh, he overall seems more happy with her than anybody else. But I don't know if I can trust her after what his ex did, well not her in general, all females.

Elijah pov:

I'm happy with Y/N. But the boys came over and started being loud and obnoxious. I could tell why they were doing and that they were doing it on purpose. I flashback.

It was the end of 8th grade. My ex girlfriend Celia was all over one of our classmates, Joshua. I felt tears forming in my eyes and I ran off. The boys were confused until they saw them. They chased after me and caught up. They were trying to get me to calm down but I just couldn't. I was a mess. My face was red from crying so much. When we got home I immediately got in my bed and stayed for the first couple weeks of summer. I only got up to shower and eat. I started getting out of bed more but, not going outside. I only filmed gaming videos for my YouTube channel so I didn't have to leave the house. The first time I got out of the house to do something productive was this previous week and I filmed a YouTube video skit. And that's when I saw the prettiest girl ever, sitting on her porch. They do this to Y/N, because they don't want me to get hurt again.

YN pov:
Elijah blanks out and daydreams for about 2 minutes before I say anything.  "Elijah are you okay?" I ask. Before I could let another word out, Elijah pulled me into a hug. Not a side hug. But a full blown bear hug. He lets go and he says.....