Chapter 6

I enter the office and my father asks me to take a seat.The sadness can be seen in his eyes.I want to get out of this room as soon as possible.I hate this atmosphere.
"Zoey,you do know that I love you right?",said my father making me confused.

"Yeah of course I know dad!What happened?",I asked the nervousness taking over me.Usualy dad would always be straight forward but now it seems like there must be something really bugging him.
"You know your sister's past.She is eager for love and she was always heartbroken in the past.She was so delighted when she was proposed to this marriage.She wanted to for her family, to have children.But all her dreams dismantled so soon.",he said looking right in my eyes,searching for something.

"What do you mean by that?Isn't Zander going to marry her?",I asked, the shock clearly evident on my face.
"He was but he said that he didn't like Allison and that he is in love with you so he want to marry you.Zoey do you love him?Answer me truthfully.",he asked with a pained look on his face.

Me??Do I love Zander?!?Of course not...or do I??!No,I don't! Even if I did,I would still make my sister marry him.She's my everything and I will never hesitate to do something to make her happy.

"No dad!I don't.Is he nuts to say that?He clearly knows that we both can't stand each other!That jerk!",I said angrily.

"Language,young lady!There's something more I need to say to you but you must not tell anyone.Not even your mother and sister.The company is doing very bad.We may even face bankruptcy if we don't take action now.I know Mr Mackenzie since I was a kid.We were and are best friends.We  had promised each other in highschool to marry our kids together and when he came to know about my financial state he offered to help me by marrying his son to my daughter.I would be helped financially and fulfill our promise at the same time.But now that this problem of bride has happened and that MR Mackenzie will go by his son's word to make him happy as he can give up his life for him,I have a favor to ask of you."

"Sure!What is it dad?",I said waiting patiently for his answer which after a deep and long sigh,he speaks:
"You will have to.....

Hey lovelies.Hope you are all doing well.What favor do you think Zoey's father will ask of her?Comment down and don't forget to vote!<3