2

Memory #1

"Jungkook!"

"Shit- I have to go Tae. I'll talk to you later, ok? Ok love you too- bye!"

Jungkook quickly hangs up his phone and looks up as his boss walks into the little cubicle, a smaller boy with gray hair and brown eyes following behind him.

"Jungkook, this Jimin. He started working here today so I want you to show him the ropes, ok?"

"Yes sir." Jungkook replies, eyeing the other boy curiously.

Jungkook's boss nods and leaves the room, unaware that Jungkook was giving him the finger behind his retreating back.

Jimin smirks and sits down in a chair, regarding the boy with amusement.

"He's that bad huh?" He asks when Jungkook turns his attention back to him.

"Ehh he's not that bad. He mostly just sits in his office so.." Jungkook shrugs and picks up his phone again, getting ready to phone Taehyung again.

"So what brings you to the poorest city in Korea?" Jungkook asks idly.

After the new government reign in 2340, Seoul went from the most populous and highest revenue to the poorest and almost abandoned city in the country.

"The government." Jimin says with a smile, making Jungkook scoff.

"Oh so you're a supporter?" Jungkook replies bitterly.

Jimin shakes his head. "Hardly- but you know what they say. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer."

Jungkook regards him curiously, setting the phone back down as he beckons Jimin closer.

"In fact, I purposely moved to this city and got a job in this building because I have a plan," Jimin murmurs quietly to him. "How old are you kid?"

"Eighteen." Jungkook replies.

"Really? You seem younger... I'm twenty." Jimin says when he sees the boy open his mouth to ask that very question.

"Tell me Jungkook; what is it this building is known for doing?" Jimin asks, smiling at the scowl on Jungkook's face.

"We're supposed to track down and turn in resisters, or people planning to run or trying to overthrow the government." Jungkook says irritatedly.

Jimin nods. "Let's just say, I have a different agenda."

Jungkook's eyes sparkle curiously. "Tell me about it."

END OF MEMORY #1

Taehyung grips his hair in his hands, breathing shallowly as Jungkook stares back at him calmly.

It was him. It was really Jungkook.

Only... something was off. He looked exactly the same as he did five years ago, besides his hair being a bit longer.