7

Memory #6

Jungkook sighs as he gets up and walks to the men's bathroom, stretching and then yawning as a result.

He walks inside, pausing in the doorway when he sees Jimin at the sink. Honestly, he looked a bit rough, his gray hair messy and slight dark circles under his eyes.

His eyes suddenly dart to the side and meet Jungkook's through the mirror.

"Hey." He says lowly.

"Hi.." Jungkook murmurs back softly, quietly walking over to the urinal and using it as quickly as possible, trying not to dwell on the fact that Jimin hadn't left the bathroom.

He gulps as he turns and sees Jimin leaning against the wall by the door, arms crossed tightly against his chest.

"So you're not going to say anything." Jimin says calmly as Jungkook walks over to wash his hands.

"What do you want me to say?" Jungkook replies softly, adamantly avoiding eye contact.

And praying that someone would walk into the bathroom.

"I think that should be pretty fucking obvious Jungkook." Jimin says, an edge to his voice now.

"I-I know what it looks like but I swear... I'm not avoiding you.." Jungkook says when in fact that was exactly what he was doing.

He felt as if everyday brought him a new reason to be afraid of Jimin and love him less. Like when he brought Jungkook black coffee even though he couldn't stand bitter things. Or when he reported a mans wife and child over a small argument about proper tipping at bars. Or how he suggested they report Taehyung and just get rid of him already.

He'd said it lightly, teasingly in fact but there had been a dark look in his gaze that suggested otherwise.

"I was only joking." Jimin says lightly, as if reading the younger boys thoughts.

Jungkook gulps but nods, glancing at Jimin before he looks at his hands again.

"I miss you." Jimin says after a moment in that same soft tone.

Jungkook up at him. "I-I should get back to work-"

"Aren't you going to say it back?" Jimin cuts in, looking hurt.

"Of course I miss you too.." Jungkook says a bit flatly, quickly taking Jimin's hand to distract him from how insincere he sounded.

Jimin intertwines their fingers and strokes the back of Jungkook's hand with his thumb.

"Then why have you been avoiding me?" He asks after a moment.

"I've just been...busy. M-My friends.. Taehyung-"

"But you avoid me here too. Not just outside of work." Jimin cuts in.

"I'll make it up to you, I swear." Jungkook promises.

Jimin regards Jungkook quietly before he abruptly turns away.