5

I'm SOSOSOSOSO sorry for the long break guys. I honestly completely forgot about Wattpad. Anyways, school is over, so I've got TONS of time to update. I promise, I'll start more often. Thank you to everyone for your patience and support. I love you❤️

Octavia

I stare at Ethan with my eyes wide open and jaw in my hands. "Wait.... so, you were real... But not real?" I ask, twiddling my fingers and I tilt my head.

He licks his lips with an awkward nod. "It sounds so dumb now that I think about it.... Just... The story, I guess." Ethan shrugs.

"Then why'd you come find me?" I ask with a blush. My fingers dig into my palms, as I feel clammy. It wasn't that I haven't felt like this before. It's just that it's been a while. I felt comfort talking to Ethan. It wasn't the one second, crush comfort. I mean, I knew him. Kind of. Through a simulation.

That's not weird right?

"Octavia?" Ethan coughs, breaking my thoughts.

I shake my head, blinking rapidly. "Yeah sorry, what'd you say?"

"I... Missed you. Even though you were an asshole to me in the simulation. I just... I liked you." He says.

My ears suddenly ring.

Wait a second. He fucking left. He switched on me for that other girl. The fuck he talking about saying he missed me. My throat goes dry and inhale through my nose.

"Missed me?" I scoff. "You left. Don't think I forgot." I say, dusting off my jeans and briskly standing up. "You're not worth it." I say, turning my back and walking away quickly.

"Wait! No no, Octavia it wasn't like that!" He panics, jogging after me. "You know it wasn't. I had feelings for you, I told you I did."

"Ethan, I was dumb. I was lonely and I was dumb stuck in a house." I say, finally facing him. "I'm in the world now! I have people other than you!" I yell, raising my arms in the air.

I turn with a sigh. "I don't need you."

"Octavia!" He yells this time, loud.

I stop but stay in my spot.

I hear the soft crunch of leaves behind me until it was dead silent. "Can I kiss you?" He asks gently.

My face is stone cold, but I can't help but give it. There was no point acting strong right now, as if every bone on my body wasn't already gravitating me towards Ethan. The familiar smell of soap and summer. The warm embrace of his rough hands wrapped around my waist or his stubble on my neck.

"I missed you." I whisper. "I didn't know what it was that I was missing, I mean. But it was you."

I can't see him clearly, but I know he's smiling. "I missed you too." He genuinely replies.

Ethan's hand rests behind my head and slowly pulls me towards him. I keep my eyes closed, wanting to get away from this world and the shit I felt knowing I was missing something.

His lips touch mine sweetly again and I'm filled with déjà vu. It was him.

My arms wrap around his neck and I press harder, wanting to feel more.
I mean, I missed out on this for what felt like years. The feeling was gnawing at me and I finally got it back. Not a small room I had him in. I had Ethan in a huge world of thousands of sights and the rest of my life free.

That kiss, wasn't fake. It wasn't a false brain signal or a new anything. It was bliss.

Ethan backs away. "Woah."

I touch my lips with the pads of my finger tips and smile.

"You haven't changed." Ethan whispers.

I nod tenderly. "I'll... see you later?" I chirp, pushing the zipper of my coat closer to my body.

He nods. "I guess you will."

With a huge smile, I walk to my car, feeling a bounce in my step.

Is Ethan my soulmate? Fuck if I know but he's a damn good someone.