⚊ch. 13, the truth comes out

*

➸ CHAPTER 13!
the truth comes out

*

*

❝oh my holy realization!❞

*

RINGGGGG!!

'Finally,' Nevermore thought to themself, rolling their eyes as they quickly packed up their stuff. They had to go find their locker and put their stuff away. They were so not gonna carry around all of their stuff all day.

"River!" a familiar voice yelled from behind them as they stopped in their tracks. "Please, God, please, don't let it be the cute guy from the pharmacy," she mumbled quietly as she turned around.

And just like that, seeing Nevermore turn around, he smiled. 'Damn it! It's the cute guy from the pharmacy! Okay, Nev, act natural. Don't be weird.' they thought to themself, pulling their books closer to their chest.

"Um, hey," he said, blushing a bit. Nevermore just continued to look at the ground, "Hi?"

"I'm B-Bill," he smiled once more, making them look at him. "I-I have something-"

"RIVER! We gotta go!" Essence exclaimed as she and Kerra pulled them away from Bill, "It's kind of..." Essence noticed how Bill was just standing there and eyed him weirdly, "...important."

Essence and Kerra stared at Bill weirdly as Nevermore just stood there, internally screaming.

The brown-skinned girl cocked her dark eyebrow upwards as she moved some of her dreads that weren't in the bun out of her face, "You look familiar? Do I know you from somewhere?" she asked, looking him up and down.

At this point, Richie had caught up with Bill and was standing next to him. Bill licked his lips, "Uh, I d-don't think so-"

"OH, MY HOLY REALIZATION!" Kerra exclaimed, interrupting the boy once more. "You two are a few of the weird guys who chased River!"

Essence snapped her fingers and nodded in agreement, "I knew it! I saw your face in the rearview mirror!" she glared at Bill, "And I never forget a face."

The two older girls crossed their arms and glared at him as Nevermore groaned, "Can you two just-"

"We can talk about this later. We've got to go find our lockers. Come on, R." And with that, the two dragged Nevermore away.