What Has Happened

I'm just going to go ahead and apologize but I have no clue about anything medical, there are something's that are medical related or whatnot and I am not 100 percent sure that if this is correct. Again my apologies - Ashley

The next time I come to my senses I feel someone holding my hand. I must have gotten really scared or something because the beeping in the back ground speeds up. The person had their head laying on my lower stomach, and when he/she heard the beep speed up. It must be my heartbeat. So, I must be in a hospital. Why in the world am I in the hospital? I was just at home helping Ashley clean up her mess.

The person, who ever they are, quickly lets go of my hand and runs out of my room. I can tell they are running by quick patter on the floor. While they are gone I give it a shot to move my fingers again. The door to the room quickly swings open, startling me, making the beeping increase once again.

"See doctor," a very high pitched voice croaks. It's most definitely Ashley, and it sounds like she has been crying,again. She is such a baby.

"Yes, I saw, her brain must be receiving senses and her body is reacting to them. I wouldn't be surprised if she can hear us"

"So is she gonna be alright?" Ashley, oh my, FLIRTS. I can tell by how her voice is that she's rubbing his arm or something.

"Yes-" I moved my hand, I MOVED IT! The doctor noticed because he quickly stops his sentence and I heard Ashley breath catch " I'll be in here after everyone leaves to check up and find out how's everything going. Okay?"

"Okay," her voice caught. The doctor leaves the room and the last thing I hear before I pass out again is Ashley say " he's going to be excited."

XXXXXXXXXX

When I awake the next time I don't really remember deciding to open my eyes but I do. When I do it is bright for the first few seconds all I can see is white. When my vision clears some I notice I'm not alone. I look really closely at the person, he look familiar.

"You're awake!" the person rudely shouts.

It takes a few more seconds for me to register that the man is Hayes.

"Um, yeah, and not to be rude but why are you here? And why am I here?" I ask genuinely confused.

"I'll go get the doctor" he quickly steps out of the room. While he is gone I try to dig up my last memory and all I can come up with is the horrible day.

My thoughts are interrupted by a tall, lean woman walks in the room. She has short chestnut colored hair, with grey eyes, "Hello Alexis, I am Doctor West, you must be confused of why you are here, I'll explain. it appears that you where walking through town a while ago when you where hit by a car that swerved to miss another car, we believe you hit your head on something and there might be some memory loss, we're not sure, we do not know what you remember," Doctor West says.

I sit there for a few seconds soaking it in. I was hit by a car? How? The last thing I remember is being at the apartment with Ashley.

I just stare at them until Doctor West tells me that she'll be in later so check on me. When she leaves Hayes comes over and grabs my hand and kisses it.