Chapter 6

Marcel's sentence rang through my mind.

Why would Evan have hanahaki? Why would he be coughing up flower petals like me? Delirious loves him, right? I don't know how hanahaki works. According to the internet, the flower you cough up reflects on what you're dealing with and my flower is a daffodil. A sign of unrequited love. Why now? I've liked Evan for so long- why now? Why do so many things not make sense? Before I knew it, the next bell rang and everyone was getting up to leave.

"Marcel!" I called out just as he was leaving the classroom. He stopped and waited for me to catch up to him. "What's up?" "Who knows the most about hanahaki in our group?" Marcel thought and stopped. "E- Lui."

He was gonna say a different name. He was supposed to say a different name. It wasn't supposed to be Lui's name. "And you're absolutely sure about that?" He nodded, "only me and Lui know how hanahaki works." I knew when people were lying. It was a skill I've always had and was Marcel lying to me?

It was true that him and Lui knew how hanahaki worked but it was a lie that they were the only ones who knew. "Alright, thanks," I said in my most enthusiastic voice before searching for Spanish class. Why wouldn't he just say Evan?

I found the Spanish room and calmly entered the class trying to see if any of my friends were in that class. In the middle section of the class saw Lui who waved me over. I let out a sigh of relief. I was so glad that it wasn't Delirious since apparently I have a class with him. "Hey, what's up?" "Can I ask you a question?"

"What do you know about hanahaki?" he gave me a confused look. "Strange that you're asking me but I was more surprised by the last one-" "wha-" "Hanahaki is caused by one-sided love otherwise known as unrequited love." "What about the flowers?" "There are a lot of flowers that have to do with hanahaki. The main ones are daffodils for unrequited love," he's telling me the same thing that Marcel told me.

"Sometimes it'll be the other person's favorite flower. There's also Hyacinth's for jealousy for when your lover or crush is in love with you but their also in love with someone else and trying to pursue the other person." I took in every bit of information he told me. Then I started thinking. With all the rumors, that may be why Evan has hanahaki.

"How do you know this?" "I've been through it. I fell in love with David but he didn't feel the same. I never told him I had it because of him but he eventually fell in love with me and the rest is history."

David and Lui are dating. Maybe this could happen to me and Evan. "Damn. So if I find a way to get this person to fall in love with me- I'll be fine?" He nodded and smiled.

"Who is it?"

"I don't really want to say..."

"Aw, it's fine, don't worry."