Chapter 23- Rematch

Marshadow flew through the woods and found Gengar, Ralph, and Clefable trying to fend off a large group of Shadows being led by a Shadow Magmortar. The Shadows were clearly trying to flank the cannon and take it out.

Marshadow jumped into the fight and quickly dealt with a couple of Shadows. However, no matter how many the group felled more and more began to appear. Marshadow figured most of the Shadows were from the surrounding woods and had been called into battle from all the chaos.

Ralph ran at Shadow Magmortar and the Fire Type punched the Machoke square across the face and then kicked him in the legs. Things were going awry as more and more Shadows began to gang up on them.

Suddenly Karl dashed out of the woods completely covered in water and rammed into numerous Shadows, he didn't take any down but he got most of them wet with his Aqua Jet. Then he released some electricity and slammed his claws together. The electricity and the water conducted and nearly all of the Shadows received a brutal shock that defeated them.

Shadow Magmortar took a step back, staggering from the electric overload, but Marshadow dashed forward and punched his gem into pieces. "There. Problem solved. Now for the rest of you Shadows, I suggest you leave now before we have to crush you all." The Shadows all ran away after that.

Karl grinned and brandished his claws. "I really like this power up! I can do so much more damage with these conductors!"

Gengar laughed to himself. "Indeed! Electivire is a genius and when he puts his mind to something the end product is impressive, to say the least! Just like the cannon!"

Marshadow nodded. "I must say the cannon is quite powerful. Isn't it meant to defeat even Shadow Rayquaza."

"Correct! But odds are we won't be able to get a clean shot in all the chaos." Clefable said

Marshadow shrugged. "Regardless, it's quite a feat. Now let us return to the battle!" Marshadow said and he flew ahead of the others. He wasn't exactly excited to fight the Shadows. But he felt ready to get the revenge for all the torture he endured. The revenge he longed for.

But did he deserve revenge? What Alpha had told him had completely shifted how he thought. The Shadows were villains. Led by an evil monster. But... maybe some compassion could go a long way.

Regardless they were winning. And winning felt nice.

————————

Ellie led the Dragon Mountain's ground attack. They were making quick work of the Shadows and they would be at the foot of Bridge Tower before long.

Bridge Tower was complicated for Ellie, to say the least. She'd been told about a lot of things that had happened involving time travel shenanigans and dying but she had no recollection of anything involving the giant stone tower.

Ellie fired a beam of Dragon Energy into the crowd of Shadows and charged ahead of the party, determined to take out as many Shadows as she needed to for Latios to promote her to general permanently.

Then she heard a horrific shriek. Something, unfortunately, all too familiar to her. Wyvee letting out a hearty laugh.

Wyvee was flying in the air above her and stopped laughing only to avoid an Ice Beam. "Unbelievable! Latios replaced me with some coward Goodra! This is really the best he's got? Fool!" Ellie narrowly missed another attack.

"Why Wyvee? Why betray us for a bunch of Pokémon you don't even know?" Ellie asked.

Wyvee laughed again. "Because Eleanor, I understand that you are on the losing side of this battle. And I refuse to become a casualty to a lost cause."