Blue Waves

~Nicole~

I always dreamed of saving the world, being a hero and having amazing superpowers. I would always beg my father to buy Avengers memorabilia and visit with Steve, Clint, Nat, Bruce, or Thor in Avengers Tower. As a result, I knew everything about the Avengers, and I was like a kid sister to them all. Iron Man (obviously) was my favorite, with the red and golden suit and blasters. Still, every Avenger was badass in their own way.

I wished to be a thunder god, or a stealthy, secret warrior. Maybe I could be a strong warrior without being a green monster. No offense, Hulk. Clint tried to teach me archery but the arrows always kept flying past the bullseye. I don't know why I'm so obsessed over superheroes...Maybe-

"I know you're awake, Nic. You stopped snoring." Lex shouted. I quickly pulled the covers down, acting appalled. "I do not snore!"

She laughed, walking out of the room. I gently nudged Zel in the bed next to me. She stirred, turning over to face me. Zel opened one eye. "Oh, hi, Nic..."

"Come on, little sis." I whisper, trying to wake her. She rolled her eyes. "You know I'm the big sis, right, little sis?" Zel taunted.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night, kiddo." I chuckle. We quickly got dressed, walking to the kitchen. We lived comfortably in one of the many high-rises Tony owns, for a large family. We just usually ate fruit or cereal for breakfast, or some granola bars, as our dad wasn't the best cook in the world. Lex was like a mother, even though she was only 16, one year older than me and Zel. There were 11 of us in total. Yes, my parents breeded like rabbits.

Our mom had died 9 years ago when we were little, and the youngest sister, Val was a newborn. We've never had a normal childhood. My father, Tony Stark, was a filthy rich billionaire and he flaunted it.

Lex, Rose, Zel, Julie, and I go to a smart kids' high school which I can't remember the name of. Tony insists that Happy take us to school in one of the many luxury cars, but the rest of us feel embarrassed to be seen as spoiled brats, which we weren't. No one really knows we're Tony's kids, because we all have the name of our mom, Vanya Iverson.

We walk to school. I don't mind walking. It helps me stay relaxed from the stress of life. I loathe school. Snakes live there, waiting to bite and tear at me. Don't pity me. I've grown a tough skin.

Walking into the school, I walk to where Andy, Ace, Meg and the space twins sit. The space twins are Nova and Sirius, two exchange students from somewhere I can't remember. They look mystifying and strangely beautiful, and they are caring. They better not be vampires.

Andy smiles at me. She pats the space next to her, gesturing me to sit. Amanda Meredith Quill was a true friend since day one. She's also an orphan. She lives with her grandpa, a nice old man. She loves to laugh and make people smile. Don't underestimate her though. She's a wolf with all bite. Andy doesn't remember her parents, only her mother's brown-blonde hair and her shiny blue eyes.

Ace is a nice and funny boy. He has a crush on Andy, but won't admit it. He's surprisingly strong for a teenager. Ace breaks things easily, like he smushed a carton of milk in one hand. He's protective of his friends and family.

His sister Meg is an introvert like me. She is Ace's shadow, but when you get to know her, she is a legitimately interesting person. Meg is a fighter as well, and a genuine friend. I know her mom, Mrs. Carter. She's kind of mysterious, but I guess all adults have their secrets.

"Niccolleee! Are you listening?" Andy snaps her fingers in front of my eyes. I wake up from my trance. "Heh...sorry, Andy. You were saying something?" I smile.

"Okay...so, do you ever get the feeling that something good is about to happen?" Andy asks the group. Meg shrugs. "Yeah, but then it turns out to be a false alarm."