One Punch

~Nicole~

I quietly eased my way through the door. Hopefully Dad and everyone was asleep...or so I thought. I shut the door slowly. The lights immediately turned on. The living room chair spun around, revealing Tony sipping a glass of champagne. I jump, caught like a deer in headlights.

"Look who decided to show up." He says. His face softens only slightly. "Why is your nose bleeding?"

I didn't notice until I licked my lips and tasted the iron. I wiped at it with my sleeve. I looked back at Tony.

"You smell like smoke. Where were you tonight? Cas told me you left. I saw the cameras from the lobby and you just walked out!" Dad practically screamed.

I rubbed my head. "Can we talk about this later? I'm kind of tired."

Tony sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose. "Okay, kid. But tomorrow after school, we're having this discussion again."

I silently thanked Dad, walking slowly to my room. "Thanks for nothing, Cas." I spoke. No one answered. I laid on my side watching the moon cast a light in my room.

I tried to sleep peacefully, but dark nightmares swirled around me. I could see people turn to ash in front of me. The wind blew my hair around. I saw blood flow around me. It threatened to drown me.

I felt the blood drip down my hands. Slowly, I touched my face. It was blood, seeping from my eyes and nose. Then, I see my family dying. They all lie in front of me, dead and lifeless. Tony, Lex, Rose, Zel, Julie, everyone...Tears pour down my face. Then, I see Peter Parker... a kindhearted boy who never fails to put a smile on my face, slowly fades away into nothingness. I try not to sob but I can't help it.

I gasp a little, my eyes opening. I turn around to the night stand. The alarm clock read 6:34. I had an hour before school.

I lay on my back, my hands on my stomach. I feel calm. The sound of sirens fills the air. My body is as light as a feather. My eyes flutter close...everything is balanced.

I close my eyes. All I see is nothing. Darkness. It's welcoming and warm. Then-

The alarm blares in my ears. I open one eye. It was already 7:30. I flick Zel on the nose to wake her up. She reluctantly gets up. I put on a Captain America hoodie with blue jeans, not really caring for style. "I'm going to go on the train with a friend." I yell to everyone.

"Sure, Nic! Go ahead." Lex says. Zel chuckles.

"Give Peter a smooch for me, will ya?" I turn around and flip Zel off, which earns a laugh from her.

"Stay close with your friend, kid. You don't want to get into more trouble." Dad calls out from the office. I ride down the elevator and pull out my phone, thinking about Peter and the dream...no. Don't think about it.

I haven't really had a normal conversation with Parker in a while, so I text him.

N: hey, Parker. I was wondering if I could take the train with you to school? I've been wanting to talk to you :)

P: Sure, Nic. I don't mind. I enjoy your company.

I smile at that and walk over to the train platform. I wait a while. The dream from last night rises in my mind. It's more of a nightmare. People were dead. Millions...maybe billions...they all faded, literally. Even Peter did. He didn't deserve a fate like that. That would be impossible though. I mustn't worry, but something tells me it might happen.