Part Seventeen: In Which the Tides Turn For The Star King

~~~

10-24 didn't resist her captors and kept her eyes to the floor as they dragged her through the empty hallways. Every now and then they paused for a few fleeting moments to make her open any secured doors they came across. From what she could tell they were taking her up to command to await further instructions from Yuyaga. The double doors silently slid open and they pushed her inside, guns trained on her small body. The command center was eerily quiet, the vastness of space staring back at them from the windows inside the hull. They forced her to sit in a chair and strapped her in as they waited.

Her lip was swollen and she could taste the metallic tang of blood in her mouth from where they had  struck her. She watched them from under her dark hair huddled together and speaking in their native tongue quietly. They turned their back on her for only a moment to look up at the blue orb of Aquaceria that hung above them.

10-24 fleetingly wondered if the Star King and his crew were alright.

Suddenly she felt something welling up inside of her. A warmth that radiated off her skin that was so hot it melted straight through her bindings. They fell uselessly to the floor and she stood on her feet. A heat was slowly growing into a fire roiled just beneath her skin, scorching away all of her fear. She felt something, stemming deep down from the pits of her stomach and tugging her forward. It came over her and made her take a step closer. The two marauders didn't seem to notice that she was slowly stalking towards them...

She lifted her hands, the heat from inside eating up the oxygen in the air. What was left around her waved in her line of sight, the floor melting beneath where her feet touched.

One of Yuyaga's lackeys, the one who had struck her, turned when he felt something hot like a kiss of fire against his back. He turned, eyes widening, when 10-24 was merely a foot away from the two of them.

She looked otherworldly, her dark hair billowing gently around her face her pink lips parted. Her uniform was slowly burning off of her body, the exposed skin lighting up command from her strange inner heat. She looked calmly ahead and reached a slender hand for his neck.

He barely had time to think before he withdrew his sword and ran her clean through.

She grunted and looked down at the place her body had connected with blade. It had penetrated the flesh in the center of her chest and stuck out of her back.

"You fool!" The second crone yelled in Cerian aiming his gun at the wounded girl. "We had to take the cyborg alive!"

It hurts...

She doubled over coughing up blood that burned like hot oil wherever it landed. She was unsteady on her feet as she straightened up again the sword glinting from where it'd lodged into her abdomen. The metal glowed red hot from her flesh and her attacker looked on horrified. 10-24 gripped the blade in her small hands, slicing through her palms and dripping more dark blood onto the floor. Slowly she drove the blade further into herself until her sternum painfully hit the hilt.

She raised her head up to look at them, body glowing exponentially brighter making the two aliens shield their eyes. It became so hot in the ship that it became hard for them to breath and sweat began to pour down both of their faces.

Lightning fast 10-24 wrapped her slender arms around the marauder who had stabbed her. The alien screamed in agony when he felt his skin scorch and his flesh burn where she touched him. Her hellish embrace was slowly killing him as the other alien, who became blinded by the light she emitted, began swinging his gun wildly unsure of where to shoot.