Part 4 - Melinda's Dare

*The Next Day*

Melinda's POV

I was above the deep waters of the Ocean, above the very heart of the Sea. The other Nymphs hinted me to await at the most meaningful place to me for the CPs. This would be their very first test but you could call it a dare - almost.

It has been about an hour since my long wait for them but who could I blame? Even the mermaids of Xigix could not use their magic here, much less fairies or wizards. It is to protect the environment of the Sea - the magic of all the creatures of the Sea. There's a spoiler of course, nymphs could use their magic but that would be a different story. They were chosen to protect and not harm the environment after all.

However, the CPs did invent a special box where they put their magic in. They would take it out when they need it but it is usually only teleportation magic they put in it, so that they would be able to save themselves from danger. This magic would only take them to the point just before the deepest part of the Oceans where magic could not exist, at least not fairy magic or wizard magic.

"Nymph of the Ocean, the CPs would be here anytime now. They would be in search of the scroll," the Breath of the Ocean spoke out to me. I smiled and nod towards the direction of the Ocean's sounds before thanking it. I looked straight ahead and noticed a CP boat heading my way. I took a deep breath, preparing myself. This was my first task, their first dare. 

They finally reached me and their leader spoke,"My name is Thomas and we have came in search of the scroll's spell to call the legendary nymphs for help to save everyone in Xigix."

I nodded but asked,"You mentioned their a legend. You all are CPs, it is your job to protect Xigix. Would you want to be overtaken by them? How do you know they even exist?"

Their leader sighed and said,"Yes, but they are our only hope. We tried protecting and stopping these bad, horrible creatures. Nothing works, people are slowly joining the bad side. We have to try something, it is our job as you said."

I smiled at his word. I wondered if they knew how being a protector because of the magic and not just your strength in the CP competition where people challenge each other until they see the winner. I also wondered why the nymphs couldn't just helped, why we had to be called but I guess I knew the answer. Magic accepted us, the people didn't - Xigix didn't fully accept us. 

"Very well, this shall be your first test to the scroll. There will be 6 test and only 7 of you can go. Choose wisely because for most test, it would be the tester choosing who stays behind and who goes. This test is based on your bravery and observations. Choose now and I'll reveal what your test would be," I told them. I already had something wild in my mind.

"Wait, does that mean only one person will see the scroll?" their leader asked and I nodded in reply.

"It is better if all 6 trained CPs go down and 1 trainee go," he said,"which trainee wants to go?" 

I shook my head, I =thought of who should go and it would definitely worry the trained CPs that they are losing their place as leaders.. I smiled at the CPs before speaking again.

"You'll only be able to choose 3 candidates. I'll choose the other 4," I said and they looked nervous.

They glanced at each other before nodding. I could see their leader looking at them and all of them looking back at him. He finally spoke. 

"Careful, Diligent and I would go along with the other 4 you chose," he said. I smiled at their reply, not telling them if their choice was right or wrong. I guess they chose the top 3 CPs.