O N E

[1k words]
Newly weds, completely in love and they had never felt so much joy. Anastasia Jones, now Anastasia Collins was finally able to start a family, and live the happily ever after she always dreamed of.

"Annie, i'm so happy for you! We've dreamed of this day since we were children," Anne Marie spoke to her bestfriend of twenty-years while she clinged to her husband by the arm.

Anne Marie Irwin and Annie Collins had been best friends since they were five years old. They knew each other like the back of their hands. They had been attached to the hip since the first day of primary school.

"Oh my! I know. I can't believe today is the day. We are both married! This is better than i could ever imagine," Annie replied to Anne.

"I hate to disregard this conversation, but i have like fifty people i need to greet. See ya, Anne." Anne said goodbye and headed off to the food table.

Annie greeted her guests and took some pictures with her, now, husband. When it was time for their first dance, they danced to Truly Madly Deeply by Savage Garden. Annie could have sworn she fell in love all over again. She was giggling like a school girl, just how she did in her sophomore year of school.

At around 11pm she felt her husband snake his hands around her waist, "I think we can leave now, Annie. Wanna head to the suite?"

"I'd love that."

The newly wedded couple made their rounds to say goodbye and thank everyone for coming.

As soon as they made it to their limousine and the doors were shut the couple looked over at eachother with pure joy, "wanna start now?" Brent asked.

"Why not?" Annie smiler back and connected their lips.

-
A year after their marriage in 1993, Annie gave birth to a healthy baby boy named Jacob Ryan, a year after that she gave birth to Stella-Noel. The couple couldn't decide on a first name, so they have her two and skipped the middle name. Lastly, in 1996 Annie gave birth to Oliver Ryan the last of her kids.

Shortly after the birth of Oliver, she started feeling off about her marriage. Brent was a great guy and she loved him but things didn't feel all that right anymore.

When Jacob was three, he wondered off while Annie was shopping in a supermarket. Annie noticed shortly after that it was more quiet than usual.

After searching the whole store, she found Jacob standing with a lady, not much older than Annie, and they were searching for Jacob's mother. She ran to her child and hugged and kissed him like no other time. When she looked at the woman to thank her, she gasped as she had never seen someone so.. perfect.

"Thank you so much. I was so worried that he had been kidnapped. Oh my, how can i repay you?" Annie was desperate to repay her.

"I'd be fine with possibly getting a coffee with you?" The unknown lady suggested.

"I'd like that."

Annie had learned very much about the beauty in front of her. Her name was Brandie Matthews, she was single with no kids, and she was a lesbian. This took Annie by surprise, she had never met an openly gay person before. It wasn't very common to be accepted as gay nowadays, especially not in the town they lived in. But nonetheless, Annie accepted her and wanted to know more about her.

They exchanged numbers and the one coffee cup turned into many coffee dates. Anastasia would tell Brent she was going to the store, but instead she would meet Brandie and pick up a few things on the way home.

Today, Annie was at a park taking her kids to meet Brandie. While they were watching the kids, the two shared a short, sweet kiss. That's when Annie knew why she didn't like her marriage; she was gay and she was falling quick for Brandie. When she left she knew she had to tell Anne- Marie quick.

"Anne, I met someone," Annie confessed to her bestfriend.

"What do you mean you met someone? Like someone other than Brent?"

"Yes, and i like them a lot. Her name is-" but Annie was cutoff.

"Her? You met a girl? But you're straight, your married to a man."

"I know, but i realized today that i'm not straight. I'm gay and that's why i've been feeling off about Brent and I being married. I do love Brent but as a friend."

"You need to tell him. If you are wanting more with this girl, you have to break it off with him."

"I will. I need to figure out all the details about what to do after and then i'll tell him."

So she did, about three weeks later she told him that she had met a girl and she was seeing her. She told him that she was gay and that she still wanted to be in his life but only platonically.

Brent didn't like that. He didn't like that Annie was gay, that she had met someone, and that their whole relationship had been a lie.

"Ana, you realize that you can't be gay. We have been together since we were fifteen. That's thirteen years you've lied to me."

"I know! I'm sorry but i've only just realized and i really just want us all to be happy. I have to do that by being with who i really love."

"Fine, you want to be gay go right ahead. But you date a girl and i'm leaving. You'll never see me again."

"Too bad i'm already dating one."

Brent left that same day, and didn't even say goodbye to his kids. Annie invited Brandie over, and they started their new life from there.

Just a year later, in 1997, the two got unofficially married since marriage was not legal and changed their last names to Matthews, which was Brandies name.