LONG LOST

"Mom, can I ask?" I said as I slowly entered her office. I saw her secretly wiping her tears.

"Come here, baby. What is it?" she said, trying to show a smile on her face. I immediately walk towards her and sat beside her.

"Why did you let my boyfriend donated his heart for me? You know how much I love him, right? Is there no other chance to find a heart donor? Mom, why did you let him do that?" I cried. I can't stop my tears from flowing as I remember those times that we've shared together. Mom started to cry again and now we are both miserable. 

"He loves you so much, baby. I can't stop him because he's so determined to donate his heart for you even though it will hurt you. I saw how much he can do everything for you and that is sacrificing his own life to make you alive. You're lucky to have him. We are lucky to have him. We will never forget him and he will forever be your hero. I'm so sorry." she sobbed.

I felt pangs in my chest. Is this what we called sacrificial love? It feels like I'm going to explode. I don't know if I can move on knowing that my new heart is from his.

"Mom, it hurts." I said pointing at my chest.

"The pain that you've felt can never surpass the pain that me and your dad are feeling." Mom said with so much agony in her eyes.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked her with confusion.

"Your boyfriend is our long lost son and you are an adopted."

"Oh, God!" those are the only words that I uttered before everything went black.