________ the Rivera and Miguel long lost Tia

EXTERIOR PEDESTRIAN THOROUGHFARE

Miguel hustles to get away from Héctor and _______. Dante bounds after him, but looks back and whimpers. He barks to get Miguel's attention. "Dante, cállate!"Miguel said But Dante is insistent. He tugs at Miguel's pants, pulling him back to Héctor and ______. "No, Dante! Stop it! He can't help me! and ______ can´t too!" Miguel said but Dante grabs onto his hoodie sleeve. Miguel tries to shake him off, but his hoodie slips off, revealing the arms of a living boy. Dante redoubles his efforts.  "Dante, stop! Stop it! Leave me alone! You're not a spirit guide, you're just a dumb dog! Now get out of here!" Miguel yanks his hoodie away from Dante, who shrinks back, rebuffed. The scuffle has drawn the eyes of the crowd. 79. Startled skeletons see Miguel's arms. He hurries to get his hoodie back on. "It's him! / It's that living boy! / I heard about him. /Were is the shapeshifting alebrije?/ Look! / He's alive! / The boy's alive." the crowd members said and Miguel runs and jumps down some scaffolding. In the distance, he sees de la Cruz's tower. After only a few paces, Pepita lands in front of Miguel, cutting off his path! He skids to a stop. "AAHH!"Miguel yells Then, peeking over the jaguar's head is an even more terrifying sight: Mamá Imelda riding atop.

 "This nonsense ends now, Miguel! I am giving you my blessing and you are going home!"Imelda said, "I don't want your blessing!" Miguel said and scrambles upright and bounds for a narrow alley staircase. "Miguel! Stop!" Imelda said Not able to get through on her spirit guide, Imelda is forced to pursue Miguel on foot but then she notices something "Were ______? she thought.

EXTERIOR NARROW STAIRCASE

 "Come back! Miguel!"Imelda said as He wriggles through an iron gate. "I am trying to save your life!" She is stopped by the gate.  "You're ruining my life!" Miguel said looking at Mama Imelda "What?" Imelda said confuse  "Music's the only thing that makes me happy. And you, you wanna take that away! You'll never understand." Miguel said and heads away from her up the stairs.

"Y AUNQUE LA VIDA ME CUESTE, LLORONA... NO DEJARÉ DE QUERERTE..." Imelda sings and Miguel stops in his tracks. When Imelda finishes, he turns back, confused.  "I thought you hated music."Miguel said confuse  "Oh, I loved it. I remember that feeling when my husband would play, and I would sing and nothing else mattered. But when we had Coco, suddenly... there was something in my life that mattered more than music. I wanted to put down roots. He wanted to play for the world." Mamá Imelda pauses for a moment, lost in a memory. "We each made a sacrifice to get what we wanted. Now you must make a choice."Imelda said   "But I don't wanna... pick sides! Why can't you be on MY side? That's what family's supposed to do -- support you. But you never will."Miguel wipes the corner of his eye, frustrated. Imelda is shocked to see him so hurt, but Miguel turns away before she can answer and ascends the narrow staircase toward de la Cruz's tower.

EXTERIOR BOTTOM OF THE TOWER

Miguel arrives at the foot of the hill to de la Cruz's tower. Vehicles from all eras (limousines, motor cars, carriages) drop off finely dressed guests who line up to get aboard a funicular that scales the tower to the mansion. A couple at the front of the line shows a fancy invitation to a security guard, who then lets them onto the funicular. "Have a good time." the security guard said  "Oh, how exciting!" the guest said then el Santo the silver-masked luchador, produces a fancy invitation to the security guard. "Oh! El Santo!I'm a big fan. "The security guard sheepishly holds up a camera."You mind if I--" El Santo nods. The security guard removes his head and hands it to the luchador for a selfie. His body proceeds to take the photo. "Gracias, señor!" The security guard said and put his head back on and El Santo heads past the velvet rope. Miguel is revealed waiting in line behind him. "Invitation?" the security guard asks "It's okay. I'm Ernesto's great- great grandson!"Miguel said and strikes de la Cruz's signature pose with his guitar.