the end

A whirlwind of marigold petals, and everything goes white.

INTERIOR DE LA CRUZ'S MAUSOLEUM - SUNRISE

Miguel finds himself back in de la Cruz's tomb. Dazed, he looks through the windows; day has broken. On the floor is the skull guitar. Miguel grabs it. He exits the tomb and takes off out of the cemetery ______ appear as a fox and run to Miguel is heading.

EXTERIOR PLAZA

Miguel races through the plaza, past the statue of de la Cruz. Miguel races through the streets towards home _______ in her human form run. they blow right past his Tío Berto snoring and Primo Abel sleeping on a bench. "There They are!" Tio Berto said waking up and Abel falls off the bench. Papá comes from around a corner as Miguel is running. PAPÁ "Miguel!? Stop!" Papa yells and _____ run past him too "_______?" Papa asks to confuse

 EXTERIOR RIVERA COMPOUND

Miguel rounds the corner and follows the trail of marigolds through the front gate. He runs for Mamá Coco's bedroom. Just as he makes it to the doorway, Abuelita steps up and blocks him. "Where have you been?!" Abuelita asks " Ah! I need to see Mamá Coco, please-- " Miguel said but Abuelita spies the guitar in Miguel's hand.  "What are you doing with that? Give it to me!" Miguel pushes past Abuelita and slams the door shut not after _______ run inside.  "Miguel! Stop! Miguel! Miguel! Miguel! MIGUEL!"

  INTERIOR MAMÁ COCO'S ROOM

Miguel locks the door and goes up to Mamá Coco and _____ walk to them to. Coco stares into space, eyes completely vacant."Mamá Coco? Can you hear me? It's Miguel." Miguel looks into her eyes. "I saw your papá. Remember? Papá? Please -- if you forget him, he'll be gone... forever!" She doesn't respond. Miguel's father bangs on the door.  "Miguel, open this door!" Papa yells Miguel shows her the guitar. "Here -- this was his guitar, right? He used to play it to you? See, there he is." Still nothing. Her eyes are glazed and ______ look sadly.  "Papá, remember? Papá?" Mamá Coco stares forward, as if Miguel isn't even there. "Miguel!" Papa yells again "Mamá Coco, please, don't forget him." With a rattle of keys, the door flies open. The family pours in. What are you doing to that poor woman? Abuelita brushes Miguel aside to comfort her mother.

"It's okay, Mamita, it's okay."Abuelita said, "What's gotten into you?" Miguel looks down, defeated. Tears drip off his nose. Papá's anger gives way to relief. He embraces his son. "I thought I'd lost you, Migue... " Papa didn´t finish "I'm sorry, Papá," Miguel said Mamá steps forward. "We're all together now, that's what matters and who is this lady." Mama said and look at _______ who look to be 36 years old "Not all of us... and..." Miguel try to say Abuelita returns from consoling Mamá Coco."It's okay, mamita. Miguel, you apologize to your Mamá Coco!"Abuelita said and  Miguel looks at Mamá Coco and approaches her. "Mamá Coco..." His toe accidentally taps against Héctor's skull guitar, a soft hollow ringing resonates. "Well? Apologize." Abuelita said and He comes to a realization. "Mamá Coco? Your papá -- he wanted you to have this." He picks up the guitar. Abuelita steps forward to intervene but Papá places a hand on her shoulder.

 "Mamá, wait--" Miguel starts to sing "Remember Me" the way Héctor sang it... softly, from the heart.

"REMEMBER ME THOUGH I HAVE TO SAY GOODBYE REMEMBER ME DON'T LET IT MAKE YOU CRY"

"Look..."Mama said and The glimmer in the Mamá Coco's eyes grows brighter with every note. Memories flood in, filling the vacancy of her expression with life. Her cheeks soften and plump. Her lips arc into a smile.

" FOR EVEN IF I'M FAR AWAY, I HOLD YOU IN MY HEART I SING A SECRET SONG TO YOU EACH NIGHT WE ARE APART  MIGUEL REMEMBER ME THOUGH I HAVE TO TRAVEL FAR"