the rescue

INTERIOR DE LA CRUZ'S MANSION

Miguel heads into the foyer but loses de la Cruz in the crowd. "Señor de la Cruz!" Miguel elbows his way through the room.  "Pardon me, Señor de la Cruz! Señor de la--" He finds himself in a huge hall with hundreds of guests, the heart of the party. Film clips play all around the room from de la Cruz's movies. "When you see your moment, you mustn't let it pass you by. You must seize it." De la Cru from the film clip said as Miguel takes it all in. Synchronized swimmers make formations in a sparkling indoor pool. A DJ plays a decades-spanning mash-up soundtrack. A clip of de la Cruz riding his noble steed plays behind Miguel."We're almost there, Dante." De la Cruz from another film clip said. Miguel jumps to see above the crowd. "Señor de la Cruz! Señor de la--" Miguel is unable to get his great-great grandfather's attention. Meanwhile, a clip behind Miguel features de la Cruz as a good-natured priest:  "But what can we do? It is hopeless... " Nun from the film clip said  "You must have faith, sister." De la Cruz  from the film clip said "Oh but Padre, he will never listen." Nun from the film clip said "He will listen... to MUSIC!" The passionate words embolden Miguel. He climbs a pillar to the landing of a grand staircase, he stands above the crowd. Miguel takes a breath and throws out a grito as loud as he can. It echoes through the space, and party guests turn. The DJ fades the music.

Garnering some attention, Miguel plays his guitar. More guests turn. As a hush falls on the crowd, the sound of Miguel's guitar becomes singular.

 "SEÑORAS Y SEÑORES BUENAS TARDES,

BUENAS NOCHES BUENAS TARDES,

BUENAS NOCHES SEÑORITAS Y SEÑORES TO BE HERE WITH YOU TONIGHT BRINGS ME JOY!

¡QUÉ ALEGRÍA! FOR THIS MUSIC IS MY LANGUAGE AND THE WORLD ES MI FAMILIA"

Miguel continues to play and sing as he nervously walks forward; the crowd parting, he moves closer to DLC.

"FOR THIS MUSIC IS MY LANGUAGE AND THE WORLD ES MI FAMILIA"

. He passes a movie screen where a clip features de la Cruz singing the same song in one of his films, the songs overlapping for a brief moment.

MIGUEL & DE LA CRUZ "FOR THIS MUSIC IS MY LANGUAGE AND THE WORLD ES MI FAMILIA" Miguel and De la Cruz sings as Miguel's soul pours into the strings as he approaches his hero--

"FOR THIS MUSIC IS MY LANG-- " "SPLASH!" Miguel tumbles into the indoor pool. The party-goers gasp, but it's Ernesto who rolls up his sleeves, and, in true movie hero fashion, jumps into the pool and lifts a coughing Miguel to the edge.  "Are you all right, niño?" De la Cruz ask Miguel looks up, mortified. His painted face begins to run, revealing him to be a living boy. De la Cruz's eyes go wide. The crowd gasps and murmurs.  "It's you... you, you are that boy, the one who came from the Land of the Living that came with ______." De la Cruz said "You... know about me?" Miguel said "You are all anyone has been talking about! Why have you come here?" De la Cruz said before asking "I'm Miguel. Your great-great-grandson." Miguel said making more murmuring from the crowd. De la Cruz is shocked. "I... have a great-great-grandson?" De la Cruz ask himself  MIGUEL "I need your blessing. So I can go back home and be a musician, just like you.  The rest of our family, they wouldn't listen. But I... I hoped you would?" Niguel said "My boy, with a talent like yours, how could I not listen?" Miguel hugs de la Cruz who sweeps Miguel up onto his shoulders, showing him off to the room. "  I HAVE A GREAT-GREAT GRANDSON!" De la Cruz said and the crowd roars.

 EXTERIOR BOTTOM OF THE TOWER CROWD

"Look, it's Frida!" " And _____!" The silhouette of Frida Kahlo steps up to the security guard and _____. "Yes, it is I. Frida Kahlo." Hector in Frida Kahlo said " Hello" ______ said and wave to the security guard The security guard lets them in immediately. No need to check the list. "It is an honor, señoras!" The security guard said  " Gracias... "Hector steps onto the funicular, readjusting his unibrow to maintain his disguise. now you may be asking how did ______ get in without the need of the list well... De la Cuz invited her every time but she can't come since she had teaching to do so De la Cruz told the security guard that if _____ ever come to the Mansion just let her in.