Chapter Three: Find Her

I was strapped into one of the seats on Anastasia and I could see my small team. There were fourteen of us. Forgan was piloting and Dimi was with him. Forgan had essentially forbade him from leaving the ship, stating that in a high stress environment it would be too easy for him to slip back into the muddy feral mind. Dimi hadn't fought him on it, stating that his male came first above all.

The others were excited. Once I had told them that we were heading up to the floating ship they had been even more so. Many of us had never seen humans, let alone seen the big ship up close. We looked impressive in the gear, like I knew we would. I just hoped it was enough that the humans would run. I really didn't like the thought of being shot at. My beast curled up his lip at that, showing off his sharp teeth. It would be hard to focus on the suppress and incapacitate if someone shot us.

The ship shuddered underneath my feet and my beast whined in my head. We didn't like the flying but we also knew it was the only way to reach our mate. We would find her on the large ship and we would bring her home. It was the thought I held onto as I white knuckled the straps holding me into the seat.

"Remember, do not kill anyone! You have half an hour to get in and get out. We can't stay longer because they will find us docked into the ship and will shoot us down. Anastasia is strong, she is, but we are vulnerable when docked." Forgan's voice came into our earpieces and I nodded. Get in and get out. My heart thudded in my chest, I was getting close to finding her, my fated female. The excitement was nearly all consuming and I looked around. Most of my team had white faces but they all clenched their jaws and held the straps of their seats. "We are docking in three... two... one." The ship jolted and shuddered. "Cutting through the hull now." There was a heavy screeching from the airlock and we all winced, tilting our heads and rubbing our ears on our shoulders.

"And we have breeched. Pressure is airlock is normalized. Go!" Forgan's voice was loud and I immediately yanked off my straps and grabbed my rifle and headed straight for the airlock. It opened up with a hiss and I dashed into the nearly clinical white ship. "Thirty minutes counting down now!" At the warning and the others flooding out of the hole behind me I grinned. I had a female to find.