Chapter 15: Double Agent Detective Rhodes

It was the third day since the surgery and I was still in the hospital. I now could walk around, but Andy also wouldn't leave no matter what. The doctors said I could probably go home tomorrow too.

"Andy, you should go home and take a shower." I said, kindly in a suggestive tone.

"The doctor said you could probably go home tomorrow, I'm fine until then." He said, messaging someone.

"You've been in the same clothes since you got here from the concert. You need to take a shower and change, plus if I leave tomorrow won't I need clothes to change into?" I asked him, trying to persuade him to go.

"You will, but I don't want to leave you alone. What if you have an anxiety attack?" He asked, trying to persuade me to let him stay.

"If I have an anxiety attack I'll call you so you can calm me down. Now go, and I'll see you in about an hour." I said, still trying to persuade him.

"Fine, anything else you want from the house besides something to wear?" He asked me, grabbing his jacket.

"Food." I said, laughing a little.

"Make it two hours then Babe." He said, putting on his jacket.

"Alright then, see you then." I said, smiling up at him.

"See you then Babe, and listen to the doctors please." He said, before kissing my forehead.

"I'll behave, I promise." I said, smiling up at him.

"Good, you better." He said, smiling before kissing me gently.

"What if I don't?" I asked after the kiss ended.

"You'll see tomorrow when you leave here." He said, smiling before leaving.

When he left I took out my phone and went to YouTube. I chose to watch an episode of the Andy show, since Andy had just left here. I put my earbuds in, and watched the episode until someone walked into my room.

"Hello, how can I help you?" I asked, taking my earbuds out.

"I'm detective Rhodes. I was here before with my partner detective Shultz, we were here because of you being hit by a car." He said, matter-o-factly.

"Yes I remember. How are you today?" I asked him, being polite.

"I'm fine, I see that you are doing better which is a bad thing." He said, coming closer to me.

"What do you mean that's a bad thing? Isn't that a good thing?" I asked him, confused.

"It's a bad thing because someone paid me to kill you, and now you have to die." He said, reaching for his gun.

"What?!" I yelled, my eyes going wide.

"You heard me, don't act stupid." He said, taking his gun out.

"I just can't believe Juliet hired someone to kill me, I didn't think she cared that much." I said, looking up at the gun.

He had the gun pointed at me, directly at my head.

"I never said that it was Juliet who hired me." He said, still having the gun pointed at my head.

"You didn't have to, she is the only one that wants me dead, but I got a better plan." I said, thinking of tricking him.

"What is your plan?" He asked me, still not lowering the gun.

"You hand me the gun, and I kill myself." I said, trying to persuade him to give me the gun.

"Why would you do that? I thought you weren't suicidal anymore." He said, still aiming the gun at me.

"I was lying before, I didn't want Andy to know that I'm still suicidal. See when you want to end your life that wanting never goes away, no matter what. If you give me your gun I'll kill myself, and there is no way you can get in trouble." I said, speaking matter-o-factly.