18. Oh How Sweet This Sin

Austin, Texas

                Finn tossed the lacrosse ball once more against the side of the garage.

                Jensen glared back at him as the ball bounced back to him, “Can you go down and use the net that we got you?”

                Finn put the lacrosse stick on his shoulder, “The wall works better.”

                “You didn’t buy $4.5 million for it so use the fucking net.” Jensen pointed down at the bottom of the hill.

                Finn shook his head as he went down the hill, “I can't wait for Mom to get home.”

                “The hell does that mean?” Jensen shouted back at him.

                Finn cracked a smile, “As soon as she walks through that door you put on this fucking show that you are all happy and you are so proud of her. The second she walks out of the room you roll your eyes and go into that nasty face you have.”

                Jensen looked down at him.

                “Does Mom a favor, if you don’t love her anymore, let her go? Stop putting on this act for me or JJ, I don’t need it and neither does Mom.” Finn said back to him.

                “You think I would let her go so easily?”

                “You did it 20 some years ago, it can't be that hard.” Finn blurted out.

                “I was young and I wanted something out of myself in LA.”

                “No, you saw the chance to run from responsible, I really don’t think you have ever known what that was until Victoria left and you had JJ and me to put up with. And really I think you would have just pushed us away if it wasn’t for Jared and Gen.”

                “You think I would have tossed my own children away?”

                “I mean why not, JJ isn't yours, and I'm the son you barely know.”

                Jensen shook his head, “You don’t know anything.”

                “I know that there is a chance that I'm not yours.”

                Jensen glared back at him, “You are my flesh and blood boy.”

                “I don’t know Jensen. I really don’t know anymore. You say you are my father, but a father wouldn’t do what you are doing to me.”

                Jensen clenched his jaw.

                “A father wouldn’t punch his son and toss him down on a coffee table. You aren't a parent; you are a man that lost his bachelor status when his one night stand was killed.”

                “You think you are so smart.”

                “No, Shep got the brains, I just got the muscles.” Finn cracked a smile back at him.

                Across town, I walked into a store when my phone went off. I looked down to see that it was Ali calling me. “This is new.”

                “Any chance, have you heard from your daughter Jesslyn lately?”

                “No, I actually haven’t.”