{ vii }

{choices x seven}

Calum obviously doesn't want to talk to me.

I'm standing right beside Luke (who's standing in front of him), and he still doesn't utter a word to me, so instead of waiting for him to talk, I decide to open my mouth.

"Calu-"

"Initiates, follow me," a voice from behind me cuts me off before I could finish uttering a word. I turn around to see that it came from the guy who helped me off the net.

"Dammit," I mumble.

He walks through a descending stone tunnel and the group of initiates follow him. Luke and Calum start to move but this time, instead of walking with them, I trail behind silently and helplessly, not knowing where Michael was.

Beside me, another girl - I vaguely see the Abnegation girl who jumped first - was walking aimlessly into the dark tunnel. She accidentally bumps into my shoulder.

"Hey, you okay?" I ask her.

"I-I, um, yeah, I'm sorry for bumping into you... And, um, thank you for asking," she mumbles shyly.

I give her a smile (although I'm not sure if she could see it considering the fact that we're in the dark) and introduce myself saying, "I'm Liana. Liana Hood."

"Yeah, I know. You're in my Faction History class," she says. "I'm Beatr- I mean, I'm Tris Prior."

"Oh. Prior? As in Councilman Prior's daughter?" I ask curiously as we continue walking through the tunnel.

"Um... Ye-"

Tris is cut off when she accidentally bumps into Luke's back as he stops abruptly. Luke looks behind him and his eyes widen when he sees Tris who was gently rubbing her nose that hit Luke's back.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry," he says frantically.

Tris waves him off with a gentle smile, "It's alright. There was no harm done. I should be apologising for being careless. I'm sorry."

"No, no, it was my fault! I shouldn't have stopped all of a sudden," Luke explained.

Tris just gives him a warm smile and says, "It's alright. Really."

He gives one in return and turns back to Calum who is standing beside him and still ignoring me.

"I really am not trying to be judgemental or anything, but he's fairly nice and humble for an Erudite," Tris whispers to me.

"I know it's rude to ask, but you're friends with him, right?" she adds.

I giggle, "Luke? Mhmm. He's always been like that. Really smart but never excessively arrogant. Great guy, he is."

"Yeah, isn't he in our Faction History class as well? You guys sit at the back, I think...?" she asks, her tone not too certain.

I scrunch my eyebrows up. For someone from Abnegation, she sure asks a lot of questions. That's probably why she left.

"Yeah," I reply slowly. "I can't believe I'd never seen you before."

She smiles a small smile and says, "I like to keep things to myself."

"Okay," I hear Ashton's voice say. I look up to see that he's one of the people leading the crowd of initiates.

"This is where we separate. Dauntless initiates are with me. I assume that you wouldn't need me to help you find your way around," he adds.

I let out a deep sigh of relief when I realise that I won't be putting up with him as much as I thought I would have to. I look around the crowd for Michael's black-and-red hair. When I find him, he's looking at me with a look that says, "You'll be okay." I give him a helpless look and he quickly jogs over to me before Ashton takes the rest of their crowd away.