ocho

i wake up on the same bed all to myself. where's deja? i think. did she leave me? i rub my eyes. her scent still carries on the bed- so sweet- as she is.

i was a fool for leaving her, leaving her like that. not even a goodbye. she must've been broken these past 7 months. and how am i supposed to tell her i have something going on with another girl? i'm a fuck up. i run my hands through my hair and head downstairs.

i come to see some passed out dudes on the couch, some sleeping girls on the kitchen counter, and deja, with another boy. laughing. smiling. happy. i've never seen her like this. at least with me. i walk closer and clear my throat.

"uh deja. can i drop u home?" i ask, not to really drop her home, but to get her to stop talking to this rat. "oh, ya" she turns to me then the guy. "uh, you have my number, so text me, and i'll see you later." he winks.

deja gets up and follows far behind me outside to my car. i open the door for her, even though i'm pissed right now. "thanks" she nods. i get in the car and sign. "deja" i look at her. she does the same. "who was that boy?" i ask. "someone i met at a boba shop with lacey." she smiled.

"do you like him?" i ask. "no, why would you ask that?" "because, you looked happy." i shrug. we didn't say anything after that, on the road i asked "wanna come over to my apartment?" i smirk. "you have an apartment?! without telling me? are you even moving!? you didn't tell me you ass!" she slaps my arm.

"yeah, my mom said i can move back because she noticed i wasn't enjoying it over there in chicago." i add. "then yeah, sure."
***
deja's pov

we pull up to the his mid-class looking  apartment. he opens the y'all brown wooden door and i walk in amazed. it looked clean, a lot of dishes in the sink, and there lay a purple familiar hoodie on the couch. "alessio?" i hear a girls name call from a room.

"angie?" alessio calls. what the fuck? who tf is this angie? then a gorgeous tall blondish girl walked out the door. i sit on the couch. "who's this?" she looked me up and down. "uh, this is deja, my ex."

my heart stopped. ex? after all this? i'm still just an ex? after the kiss? after him staying over, after sleeping with him twice.. i'm still labeled just an 'ex'. i realized my mouth was open and the girl was touching on him. "deja?" he calls.

"uh yeah?" i snap out of my thoughts. "this is angie, my-" he got cut off "girlfriend" she grins. "ah. nice to meet you evelyn." i fake smiled.

"also, can i talk to deja for a minute, ask her some questions?" she asks alessio. he nods nervously. i follow her to what looks like alessios room. she shuts the door behind us. i knew what the fuck was about to go down.  i thought this shit only happened in movies?!

"who are you to alessio?" she pushes my my chest back with her pointer finger. "an ex, like you've heard." i raise my eyebrow. "actually, have you heard the truth? why his actually left you?" she paused. "it's because he left you for me." she smirked. i could feel my eyes burning from them forming tears. i give her a big slap on the face before i get out of this fuckery.

i walk out to the front door, and before i exited, i looked at alessio with glossy eyes. "you could've told me." i pout and slam the door behind me. i run to the parking lot and ask matt to pick me up, i knew lacey's busy right now.

"hello?"

"matt" i whimper. "can you pick me up, i'm at alessios apartment"

"oh no. i'll be right over." he gasps.

"thank u" i smile

"no problem, i'll be there in 5 minutes. bye deja"

i end the call and sit on the sidewalk. that's when the thoughts came in again.

it's all happening so fast.